my car idles like im revving it lightly, so i need to clean out:

MAF

ISV

Throttle Body - ( i know where it is)

check:

crank sensor wires

( any other wires to check?)

i have the OBD1 vr6

now where is the ISV located and how do i go about cleaning the maf, without the "MAF SPRAY" one can buy on ebay, cause honestly im flat broke;(

the ISV is the silver object hidden under the rear engine plastic. Just next to the TB.

Unless you happen to be a chemist or a vinyl LP buff i doubt you'll have anything to clean the MAF around the house. Ideally IPA - iso proponal alcohol.

A can of electrical contact cleaner is effectivly the same. In the UK I'd direct you to Maplin, or in the states Radioshack. Don't know what the RSA equivilant will be.

not sure of that. I do now you should never touch the MAF wires. they are very delicate. usual method is to either spray them using the contact cleaner or soacking in a bath of IPA (obviosuly avoiding the box on top )

cleaning the ISV is a matter of removing and using your available solvent in the inlet and outlet ports. A can of carb cleaner is easiest. Air / dry well before replacing.

sorted out the issues and car is driving MUCHHHHH BETA

whats needed:

CARB CLEANER

first disconnect the earth from battery , as not to throw out error codes, remove pieces, clean and then once all tightened up replace battery terminal.

sprayed the MAF clean lightly....... let dry. Sprayed out the idle Control valve , silver thing behind the top engine cover...... you must see the **** that came outta that thing!!!

cleaned the throttle and wiped behind the butterfly lightly...

started up , car drove shyte for the first 1-2km's but after that!!!!

i now have a new car

i would suggest everyone who owns a vr6 should do this with their routine service..... makes a world of diff