have searched but am running out of time. I'll be using my new vr from saturday and am having to use the wheels on it until i can find something to replace them with. they are a little marmite for my liking so may sell them. basically the rears are 9j with stretched tyres on.

I want to know where i stand with the law and m.o.t rules.

The wheels protrude from the arch but the tyre tucks in at the top. Is this legal or are the fuzz going to have a field day.

Sorry if this has been covered but Im new to this 'dub' game and I know a lot roll on the wide and stretched but I cant be doing with the hassle if i get pulled or fail an m.o.t

Cheers

not sure but with the problems that have popped up this week the car will need welding and throwing into a bodyshop and I dont have the funds or know anyone round here competant enough to do anything except paint a car let alone mod it (stretching arches etc) I just want some nice wheels to stick on it. was gonna rock steelies as they are f**k all from a scrappy until i found something.

• 3 weeks later...

Its a bit of a grey area.

Some will say no moving parts can protrude outside of the arch.

Others say nothing can protude more than 30mm outside of the arch but the tread must be covered.

The mood of the police. MOT tester can be a factor aswel.

hi mate where in hampshire are you?

about half hour from you. near winchester. not so much of a problem now as I sold the wheels that were on the car. just handy to know for future reference as I have a few ideas for rims and want to make sure I dont get it wrong the 1st time