mot time has past

guys i want to put my car back on the road after the mot lapsed back at the end of jan. but i got a ferw problems, the zorst is a mish-mash and blows better than a 10 buck hooker and the car is still stalling after fitting re-placement isv and cam sensor. the fault code reader im using is still saying isv and cam sensor fault, also saying engine speed sensor, where is this one located?

also is anyone located near pompey who is handy with a set of spanners to come give the old girl the once over for me pls,

i've got to the point now where im so fed up spending money on the car that i've even started seriously looking at buying a little polo and outting the vr as spares or repairs

hi

don't give up mate, i was the same,my vr6 was sitting of the road for over 7 months, just because of the thermostat, couldn't stop it leaking, got me down a bit(me not much of a mechanic) but i got of me arse and stopped the leak and the vr6 is booked in for her mot wednesday.hopefully taxed sat.

cheers

dave

yeah but my car is a k plate that i paid 1300 for and have spent 3.5k in last 4 yrs just keeping it running lol, although 1500 quid of that was for a replacement engine i didnt need thanks to a lieing theiving german performance car wanna be garage,, im just sick of throwing money at it for it to break something else next time i use it lol, will be doing a bit of work to it and try out for an mot but im no mechanic so any work i do is pure bodge job lol. if it needs more than a couple of hundred quid to fix then its getting pulled apart and sold as a mk2 conversion to one of the local chav's

Gav if the worst comes to worst and you have to sell. (lets hope this dont happen) but let me no as i may buy it off you. If you need a spare pair of hands anytime give me a call. Should be fitting my coilovers this weekend.

im gunna try doing a bit on bank holiday monday as thats my next day off. if cant get it all done then, will be doing evenings next week as need my v back man.

here's a list of what i know is wrong:

1. zorst is in peices and none of it wants to fit or line up again.

2. stalling

3. cam sensor showing faulty

4. isv showing faulty (both been changed)

5. engine speed sensor now showing faulty

6. headlight bulb not secured in headlight

7. rear brakes binding

8. sunroof and drivers rear window not working (neither mot failures so not important yet). rear brakes are my main problem as thats why i stopped driving it

all in i think a couple of hours work plus the zorst bodge back together again, if i can get a vagcom from someone or get my fault code reader working again to wipe the isv and cam faults as these have been replaced. just hope that sorts the stalling otherwise im at a dead end. since ive checked and cleaned the maf and map checked and cleaned all the plugs and connections and no bad earths.

Try a good service if you can get the parts cheap especially if its been sitting a while.

New oil, filter , fuel filter (often overlooked) clean air filter, Get an exhaust place to weld in a new pipe if nessescary. I can come round one night next week if need be. If got my laptop and vagcom but dont have adaptor for obd1 unless you still got yours.