fitting side markers wouldnt be hard but depending on how they mounted would depend on how easy it would be to make a good job. As for wiring very easy just splice them in to the desired feed, DRL style would need ignition live, only when lights are on would need the sidelights power

youd have to cut a hole, how good of a job you make of it would depend on your skill and confidence with the tools.

if you want US style side markers when the lights are on then yea sidelights is correct. If you wanted them on all the time, like daytime running lights, then youd need ignition live.

I've got a US car but the wiring had been hacked about to add side lights and make the indicators work properly fir the UK. I've pretty much put it back to US spec so the headlights are on all the time (turn off wihen you apply the handbrake), the front and side markers come on with the headlight but are both also wired to work as indicators as well

How did you wire them to work as indicators aswel? That a good idea. Means I can get the wings smoothed when it goes in.

Ive been on ebay and people arent willing to ship to the UK and I dont think the stealers sell US parts. Is it a matter of just hunting the for sale sections for a US bootlid? Just the plate tub would do tbh.

I found the wiring diagram on vortex... just a matter of connecting the flashing wire from the indicator

Well, I just found a whole car on ebay but yeah check classifieds, stuff comes up every now and then but they go quick... I had a spare tailgate and bumpers I sold a little while ago and they sold before I even got a chance to take photos of them!

I'd get the whole tailgate if you can, much less hassle

• 2 weeks later...

How would the running lights fit and hold in place If I was to buy just the running lights and fit them to the standard bumper?

My mate just to tap into the sidelight wiring and wire them up that way.

I might have a set of side markers for sale... the orignal amber hella ones, complete with bulb holders