on private race track with a 3 mile straight i get 55 in 1st 85 in 2nd 105 in 3rd' date=' never done 4th but was still accelerating as the speedo indicated 145 in 5th

[/quote']

what revs are you taking it too to get 55, 85 and 105?

Is your car standard? What size wheels/tyres you got?

• 2 weeks later...

dunno about 1st and 2nd but magic 3rd hits the limiter at 105, hit 150 in 5th and was still revving up but felt ' a little unstable' to say the least!

ians right though only GPS verified counts.

the sweet spot for me is 5k in 2nd shift to 3rd and have your eyelids peeled back!

as a rule of thumb allow the speedo to read a maximum of 10% to high at motor way speeds. but its normally 7-8%, at 100 you could be doing as little as 90 but more likely is 92-93.

quote1274894276=Dragon Dave]

on private race track with a 3 mile straight i get 55 in 1st 85 in 2nd 105 in 3rd' date=' never done 4th but was still accelerating as the speedo indicated 145 in 5th

[/quote']

what revs are you taking it too to get 55, 85 and 105?

Is your car standard? What size wheels/tyres you got?

sorry 1st was meant to read 45, car is basically standard, nothing special. got early obd1 so larger throttle body got rado inlet mani big mofo air filter and cat back single box zorst. it's just hitting the red line in 1st 2nd 3rd. i've never redlined it in 4th or 5th but at a speedo indicated 145 it was still accelerating and only at about 5500 rpm i dont think my car has a propper rev limiter like the obd2 engines coz i can bounce it well into the red when spinning the wheels in 1st. and it just registers a fault of 'maximum engine revs exceeded' on the ecu, im on standard vr bbs wheels with 195'50'15 tyres up front. due to the single box system the car produces it's power slightly higher up the revs than standard cars due to less back pressure but i lose low down torque, again due to less back pressure hence the ability to carry slightly higher speeds per gear yet 1st is useless as once it gets to 3500rpm i just lose traction

I get roughly 45 in 1st, 65 in 2nd and maybe 105 in 3rd. That's just getting to the redline but they are the speeds that the speedo says, so we can assume that's more like 40, 60, and 100.

I have 205/40/17 on mine. I'm not sure how it makes a difference but I read other threads saying that you get less wheel spin with 17" wheels than with 15". Is that because the circumference is different?