Strange.. I can't remember where i put the sensors but I think i'll get under and have a look as due to having 2 t-pieces fitted for my Aux gauges, they could be giving false readings off.. I ll have to go out and havea fiddle when it's cooled down!

Richie, yup, it's in for UD! Defo come find me, owe you a few beers!! Yours going to be there, still at VW?

I have fitted a shallow sump and it never did this before so Im a bit suspicious...

yeah i will be there buddy!!

have now left vw, start tomorrow at new place, local garage /tuning place.. should be coolio..

i'd be suprised if it is the shallow sump, as you did the pump and smaller pick up pipe at the same time, but you never know i guess?

Yeah, did R32 pump and shallow steel sump, Only question it as it's the first time it's run upto temp with this fitted and I now have this oil buzzer issue.. Has sat for bliming ages but i'll go out and find out after some dinner!!

Defo have to catch you there Rich!

Thanks Craggsy.. I'll see what my gauge reads :) I assume the reading will change as the engine revs higher and lower?

quick thought, is the r32 pick up too short and therefore not getting enough oil in?? maybe it is not in the oil in the sump properly and is getting some air aswell as oil???

and yeah, i believe it should have higher pressure with higher revs..

i had this prob there are two oil presure switches on the front of oil filter housing theese might be faulty ones low presure and other high i think gfs do them but i got 4 faulty ones from them vw in end

i put the outside two spade connectors on the oil filter housing the wrong way round and that kept bringing the alarm on, maybe worth checking for a possible simple fix.

Right, today I checked the correct wires are going to the correct sensors (OK). Correctly setup my pressure gauge and let the car get upto temp (84 degrees according to my SPA)

The MFA temp gauge seems to be up the spout and is reading all sorts every 5 or 10 seconds.. 90 - 147 - 160 etc etc...

On idle, my pressure guge reads approx 2.1 bar but this does vary around this figure.. When I bring and hold the revs above 2500rpm, the pressure reading goes to appprox 4.5-4.7 bar then the oil buzzer/light comes on but when back at idle..

I am a bit concerned about it now, I don't think my sensors are at fault but something clearly is.. My first idea if the shallow sump, it clearly doesn't hold as much oil as the standard one and I think this is the problem..ahhhhhhhh I hate trial and error issues..

R32 Sump and 2 new pressure sensors + 1 temp from VW I think...

Well. After pissing around, getting old sensor and gauge adapter off, I found the bloody yellow wire to have split!! So that was my issue, doh!!!

The 2 pressure sensors were the only original parts anyway so I think it was my engines way of telling me to sort it out and get new ones! lol

Not got to test it as I didn't want to piss off the neighbours and I was bloody freezing after lying on the floor for nearly 2 hours pissing around with trying to resolder the wire but I'm sure it'll be fine now!

Phew!

Cheers for the help and that's £100 that can go toward my other engine, woohoo!