Highline gear knob refurbishment.

One of my mates was round the other day and we were chatting about what he does for a living, he polishes the interior of lear jets.

what this came down to was he applies some stuff called ceramalac which is ceramic based laquer.

So I gave him my highline knob and the results were so impressive I had to show you.

The ceramalac is applied in situations where the item is going to be handled alot and its as hard as billyo so shouldnt scratch or chip in five minutes like most laquers do/will.

He spent a good hour polishing it to this lustre after it had cured.

He smoothed out the top of the knob where the gear pattern fits in and made it all smooth and fit in the palm real nice with no ridges.

The pics I've taken really dont do it any justice but have a look anyway.

He did say to me that if anyone else wants it doing then he charges £35 posted , you send him your knob , he'll polish it and return it to you.

P1000124.jpg

P1000125.jpg

P1000126.jpg

P1000127.jpg

P1000128.jpg

P1000130.jpg

What do you think ?

He left school to get a job next to his older brother.

He then got so good at polishing they put him on all the HQ/VIP work for lear and focker.

Maclaren tried to poach him to finish items for them but he didn't want tomove house.

We did speak about him staining a knob in black with this hardwearing lusterous laquer on so if anyone fancies it he could d that,

He liked my highline knob so much he bought one from the bay last night and he'll use that as a trial for the staining.

Good though init.