Sticking valve? (with vid)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFixgORsvdU

I started the car up tonight so I could fill it up with coolant and bleed it through as I've not had any in there while I've had my thermo housing off. It's been like this for the past 2 months so not been properly driven or run.. I've always run the engine for no more than 1 minute due to no coolant and I'd choke on the fumes in my garage! My external oil temp gauge has only recorded 10.1 degree C as being peak temp so that'll all fine..

In all the past 2 months, it's been fine but tonight when I finally want to get it going, it's started this horrible LOUD tapping noise which goes with the revs and sounds like it's coming from the back of the engine, possibly from cylinder 3 or 5 if I have got my numbers correct.. I know noises from an engine can play tricks on your hearing but it does sound like it from here..

It has only started tonight, it is cold so I'm hoping it is to do with this or lack of use..

Anyway, as coolant was now in it, the car had run for approx 4-5 mins and the tapping continued at which point I thought I'd pull the plug until I've had some advice and at which point I shot the above video..

I'm just being a bit over cautious but I'd imagine it may go away once the engine has been run and is warm and fully lubricated...

The oil is FRESH too, i've fitted an R32 oil pump and obvisouly done an oil change over X-mas. Engine has only done 360 miles since rebuild (Head just had a few new valves lapped in, new stem seals and clean)

cheers

I get a similar noise for a split second when starting from cold if its been sitting over the weekend. I've been told it takes a second for the oil pressure to get to where it needs to be.

I would check the oil pump is working properly, especially seeing as its a new one.

That doesn't sound too good and i'd do some diagnostics before you run it again. A bit of a concern is you mention changing the oil Pp so have you got oil pressure? I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong but maybe worth removing spark plugs and spinning the lump with a gauge connected.

I'm slightly concerned.. I'm pretty sure it's a tappet as the noise is from that area, I wish the intake manifold dind't run over the rocker cover so I could bloody turn it over with the rocker off to see!

The engine didn't run lumpy and is firing on all 6, no scooby impressions happening here!

I have fitted a new R32 oil pump and shortened sump and oil level is spot on top mark. Engine was primed after installing the new bits, then coilpack reconnected, wouldn't fire initially (perhaps due to cold as it was in minus numbers when I was at this stage) then fired. Since then, it's fired instantly and run for no more than 1 min and been fine until last night...

Want to go home and look at it now! grrr

I'll disconnect the coilpack and get a compression gauge on it and see what I get.. After that, im not sure what to do... drop the sump and remove pump and check it's spinning?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I could do without this!