Does anyone know of any 20mm lowering springs for a 1996 VR6 Highline? Mine is lowered 40mm with wietec springs and shocks at the moment but with the weight of the a/c the front is too low for my liking and i feel it is upsetting the handeling.

I've been looking and i'm sick of reading the same springs listed for 16v and VR6 with a different lowering rate for each car, they are simply relying on the spring sagging more on the VR6 due to the added weight!

I want something VR6 specific and not stupid low!

Any ideas anyone?????

Dont think you can get springs less than 40mm (dont quote me). Dont be tempted to cut the springs either. Best thing to do is get some adjustable coilovers. Lot more money than a set of springs but you can change ride height to get it sitting how you want.

Weitec also makes 30 mm springs, I have them on my car. Or thats what they are supposed to be, I think I have a set thats 50 mm and marked as 30 mm, so I'm bottoming out the front suspension all the time.

You have 40 mm, right? Could you do me a favor and measure the distance between the center of the rim and up to the wheel-arch? The distance on mine with my 30 mm springs are 32.5 cm in the front and 31,5 cm in the back.

Thats whats confusing me so much, i think the air con makes quite a difference. My car on its 40mm springs and shocks measures 31.5cm at the front and 33cm at the back from the centre of the centre cap to the lip of the arch, its just all wrong (however the rear is adjustable by the cir clip). But the front for fast driving is way too low for normal roads!

I think, for me, the standard springs which i took off (and were new vw) with the 10mm lowering cups might be my best option??

Where can i get a pair? Am i right in thinking on a 96 car which mine is, you buy and fit the plates from the earlier cars?