Rear squirty

It is the same bottle as the front,located under the bonnet.You have probably run the bottle low or empty and then tried to use the back washer,this then pulls up all the crap from the bottom of the bottle and blocks the pipe going to the rear screen.

Check both pipes going to the pump on the bottle and check that the pump is working as well!!

Hope this helps.

Mike.

this is what mine does' date=' how do i go about fixing it? ( sorry..girly question! ) ;) [/quote']

I did this repair. The jet pulls out from the inside of the wiper motor assembly, accessible when you take the tailgate interior trim panel off. Disconnect the washer hose and pull the jet out from the inside. Be warned, it can break off inside it's guide VERY easily. If this happens (like it did on mine), you'll need to drill out the remains from the outside (I found that turning the drill's "hammer action" on worked well here).

Once the guide is clear, the replacement (cheap from VW) is just a push fit. Reconnect the hose and adjust the jet with a safety pin.

[ Edited Tue Dec 21 2004, 01:42AM ]