Turbo kit, a good start?

And other essential recommendations to consider?

an uprated clutch, ARP rod bolts and headstuds, oil feed and return with modified sump, 'colder' sparkplugs, intercooler pipes and couplings, various gaskets and fittings

and like Kev said uprated pump. FYI i was looking into HRC pumps and they do an equivalent GS340 for half the price of walbro. good feedback about them too

i would phone c2, tell him your budget and what you intend to do and get some advice on what you need, they can sort you a spacer,mapping arp`s and prob more in one phone call.

Kevs right though. 15psi is NICE :)

i ran over 23 psi (1.6 bar) and look what happened , it went BANG. and i lost my whole engine,head,block,pistons,rods at a very big cost, cos i ran too much boooooost.

15 psi is a nats over 1 bar, on c2 software,that will be perfik.

enjoy the boost :)

250 will not cover the software,

speak to c2 uk , if your seriously intresetd and tell them jim sent ya.

rest of , is as said before . pay your money take your choice, ive done it the cheaper way, but have hjad to replace a few parts.

if you keep it around 300 bhp, then arp's aint needed , nor is a head spacer.

but the temptation will be to much , and you will turn the boost up. so over spec the motor and build from that.

i.e you want 300, build it for 400. then it should all be stress free ( ish )

an uprated clutch' date=' ARP rod bolts and headstuds, oil feed and return with modified sump, 'colder' sparkplugs, intercooler pipes and couplings, various gaskets and fittings

and like Kev said uprated pump. FYI i was looking into HRC pumps and they do an equivalent GS340 for half the price of walbro. good feedback about them too

[/quote']

Yeah ive just ordered some ARP rod bots and im searching for some moderately cheap head studs atm.

As for my oil lines i have seen a little sump plug adapter witch i think will do the job, but other than that i will just braze in a propper oil feed.

As for spark plugs i dont really kno what too look for, i think this is a hurdle i will tackle when im getting it all setup properly.

And if you are all recommending a new fuel pump i suppose i will have to look in too that too.

What will the standard fuelpump and injectors max out at? (ive got a corrado fuel pump running atm)

i ran over 23 psi (1.6 bar) and look what happened ' date=' it went BANG. and i lost my whole engine,head,block,pistons,rods at a very big cost, cos i ran too much boooooost.

[/quote']

Oh dear! Did it go lean?

Surprised the gearbox didn't go first!

3rd box Kev, pmsl. this one is a real good un, peened internals and new peloquin.

yep, leaned off bigtime, lost 4 plug heads,smashed new pistons to bits. game over! :)

Good info on the thread, on one of my old cars i just tapped my sump and used a universal bit and some high temperature pipe for my oil drain.

I just wouldnt give a china charger a go, I know jims having good success but id be too worried some impeller might find its way inside.

Also depending on how confident you are with mapping and installation you can get a prebuilt megasquirt for about £370.

Good info on the thread' date=' on one of my old cars i just tapped my sump and used a universal bit and some high temperature pipe for my oil drain.

I just wouldnt give a china charger a go, I know jims having good success but id be too worried some impeller might find its way inside.

Also depending on how confident you are with mapping and installation you can get a prebuilt megasquirt for about £370.

[/quote']

I briefly looked into megasquirt, its just the fact that the first map is going to cost alot too.

Any1 used megasquirt on their VRT on here? pro's, con's?