VR6 vs roundabout vs Cooper S = NOT GOOD !!!

1263231358_9656_FT0_close_off_sde_fr_wing.jpg

1263231358_9656_FT0_nearside_wing.jpg

1263231358_9656_FT0_middle_engine.jpg

1263231358_9656_FT0_driver_sde_mech_damage.jpg

Needless to say I'm well gutted as the rest of the car is fine. To expensive to repair so goin on ebay for spares / donor conversion jobbie. Dont have tools, skills or garage else would have stripped it and sold off parts :( . VERY expensive lesson. Will start another thread soon in For Sale section with details of recent upgraded goodies for anyone interested in the car or number plate.....

Shockin, not even lasted one year as a club member too ;( ;( ;(

1263231975_9656_FT0_rear_shot.jpg

Ohhhh mate.... Noooooo

Good luck on finding a replacement..... There are a couple in the for sales section.... (if business is good theres a syncro with a charger... ;) )

let me know if you need any help..

Thanks rodders, think I might take you up on the help thing. I'm stuck as insurers werent 'up to date' with the mods :( I'll pm later n see if we can formulate a plan. Gutted aint the word !!

He did mate' date=' all though he did stop to check I was ok and waited till the highways agency arrived..

[/quote']

small mercies at least as it sounds as if you'd have been liable

Youre right nige, could have been even worse. mi pride hurts the most :(

Ouch' date=' unlucky fella. You getting another one?

[/quote']

Hey craggsy, sadly I BLEW my budget fixing her up in october. I'll be without wheels for about 12 months, need to save up all over again. Insurance payout not happening so she s up for sale, might get a van with the proceeds...

Thanks for the support guys, ref the mk2 conversion I would love to but finances say otherwise. In an ideal world I'd declare it off road until I can afford to fix it or dump the lot in a 1990s sirrocco 8o| but dont have a garage so thats not happening :-(

I am sure "we" know people with garages and tool kits.. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250560541641

lmao !! that mk2 is ridiculously tempting but whats the going rate for a transplant into something like that ??!! I would have stick it on a 6 month payment plan or something !! Any ideas on a local garage / storage ?

Not sure on the going rate... PM Sparkz and Tony... As the mk2 is basically ready the transplant is "Just a weekend to drop it in" Then all you have to do is pop your seats in..

Simples...

thanks for the info buddy, I m working on another solution but will keep that in mind :)

damage doesn't look totally unfixable !!! i have a matching silver bonnet an front bumper if you want them ?... for a small fee...

Why not get a VR6 get togther grease monkey's tools BBQ & beer some one got garage space and flat bed her to the workshop i'm sure we can have her working by days end ???? ... There must be other here willing to donate parts for the cause ???

damage doesn't look totally unfixable !!! i have a matching silver bonnet an front bumper if you want them ?... for a small fee...

Why not get a VR6 get togther grease monkey's tools BBQ & beer some one got garage space and flat bed her to the workshop i'm sure we can have her working by days end ???? ... There must be other here willing to donate parts for the cause ???

Ur a good man fella.. but u know wot its like, everybody got a million n one other probs to solve. panels would be good but theres some structural damage I m not sure about :^)