Mason-tech VR6 Sump Guard!

Right guys,

Just thought i'd share this with you all as I managed to crack my sump on Christmas Eve. Took the car out of the drive in the morning and noticed a pool of oil behind me in the drive...

vw087.jpg

Inconveniently, everything was pretty much closed for business until the new year, but I managed to buy a brand new sump, sump plug, washer and gasket from VW and had it fitted the Saturday just gone.

All in all with 6 litres of Castrol Magnatec and a new oil filter, parts came to £137 (incl VAT).

Anyway, I definetely do not want this happening again so I have decided to go ahead and buy a sump guard to protect the sump from our UK roads.

I've found a brilliant group buy on another forum (edition38) which I thought some of you may be interested in. The sump guards look very good and are certainly worth the price at £130!

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=263455&st=0 - Link to group buy.

http://mason-tech.com/skidplatesCW1.asp - Link to Mason-Tech site for more info. (They also fit mk2 VRs)

We had a group buy on here not too long ago, but unfortunately didn't get enough interest for it to materialise so just thought this would be useful.

Deadline for putting your name down is Friday though!

Hope this helps...

Ajay

I set one up a few months ago' date=' everyone who said they were interested in the feeler thread dropped out.

[/quote']

Yeah Pete, I actually done a search on VR6OC and found your sump guard thread. If it was still active I would have definitely been down for buying one. They are actually lifesavers for any lowered VR!

im seriously thinking of this now, might credit card it (which i dont really wanna do).........my sump is dragging in the hard ice left in the middle of the road atm. dredding hitting a patch on a dual carriageway and dumping all the oil :-#

Dan!!!!! I thought I was insane thinking the exact same thing!

I didn't actually hit my sump anywhere the night before it started leaking, but the only logical reason I could think of was that the hard ice on the middle of my road scraped it. I could hear it hitting the whole night before!

Damn, the car is staying in the drive until it melts now! I do NOT want to be replacing my sump again!