I know most of you wouldnt dream of having an auto box but with the amount of commuting i do it is great. One problem though, the gear change seems to be getting quite harsh when changing up and down top gear. Especially when i floor it and hit the kickdown. it seems to be quite harsh. Feels kinda like its the mounts but i am not sure. when the torque convertor unlocks my revs shoot right up because of my pedal position, the car slows then there is quite a major jolt. Not the best description but just wanted to know if these auto's have this type of fault B)

Glad you posted this mate as i've got a similar problem with mine, done 85k too :( I quite like th e pause then getting thrown to the back of the seat though ;) what i don't like too much is the rumbling that come around 40 mph and again at 50 if i'm just cruising and not playing with the gas pedal. Sound familiar to yours?

Glad you posted this mate as i've got a similar problem with mine' date=' done 85k too :( I quite like th e pause then getting thrown to the back of the seat though ;) what i don't like too much is the rumbling that come around 40 mph and again at 50 if i'm just cruising and not playing with the gas pedal. Sound familiar to yours?[/quote']

I dont seem to get any rumbling and to be honest, if I drive it like an old man you wouldnt know any different. BUT WHO DRIVES A VR LIKE AN OLD MAN. The pause between gears seems most common going up a gear especially going up a hill, wierd. maybe its the diff or something!!!! I can live with it unless it gets worse.