Tyre Stretch

I am currently running standard 15inch BBS Rims on my vr and can't possibly afford a new set of wheels. :-(

A thought occurred to me last night, why don't i keep my standard rims, whack some spacers on and add some stretch? :-d

Only problem is, i have no idea where to start with the stretch. Do i just buy a smaller set of tyres, say 10mm and put them on? I believe that currently they are 205's so say 195?

Anyone know anything about it? Got spacers already, that's the easy bit 8-)

Any tips & advice or does anyone know anywhere in the Yorkshire area that will do it? My local garage said no :-(

Thanking you :-*

Cant really do stretch on a 6" wide wheel or is it 7" cant remember.....either way you need wider wheels.

Plus I dont fancy running stretch tyres on a nearly 200bhp car if you like driving.....hence why I dont use my Merc rims as they are stretched 195/40 on an 8" rim

Cant really do stretch on a 6" wide wheel or is it 7" cant remember.....either way you need wider wheels.

Plus I dont fancy running stretch tyres on a nearly 200bhp car if you like driving.....hence why I dont use my Merc rims as they are stretched 195/40 on an 8" rim

Hmm...good point. Back to the old drawing board for me then *-)

wimp !! ;) I ran stretrched tyres on my charged VR with no issues at all :) I know plenty of peeps dont like running them but from a personal point of view I wouldn't worry about it :)

Yeah i know what you mean, its nice to have things straight away, but with the weather how it is, the last thing you want is to slide into a curb with ur new wheels on anyway....

i take my summer wheels off at the beginning of nov, and they wont go on til march.... im just running 15" audi pepperpots, i dont care what he looks like in the winter as long as i know come show time i can get my lovely mint, shiney, undamaged 17s out the garage, unwrap them n stick them back on!!

Its like getting new wheels every year!! haha.

16's 195 x45's' date=' i like em,

[img']http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm67/BADOIR/mnewrimmage002.jpg

Sat on 20mm adaptors, he he (thanks to Craggsy ;) )

thats why he can't run his Mercs lol, i got his adaptors, luv him lol :-p ;):)

I'm tempted to buy some more as the tyres are about 300 miles old if that. Wanna get some use from em really...lol

195/45s on an 8 isnt a massive stretch.....i have that on the back of mine all year round

not massive but enough for the desired effect, and 195 x 40, cost a bit more less rubber = more dosh, cant work that one out lol, Tyres for the Pajero were cheaper ????/*-)