How to correct rear camber on a 4motion

After lowering my car quite considerably, it threw out the camber front and rear. Although the front is relatively simple, the rear was a little different and there is more than one way of doing it. Here you can see how far out the rear was and looked like it needed wheel spacers to fill the arch.

IMG_1019.jpg

This was my camber before the bushes were fitted.

After a little research I chose to use K-mac correction bushes. These were sourced from Sydney, Australia after recommendation from "centre of gravity. The kit came with an extraction tool and were very well made.

3766124796_7c63cd9449.jpg

After some blood, sweat and tears to fit. My rears looked like this and filled the arches nicely. No need now for wheel spacers.

IMG_1030.jpg

The height and camber will settle before final adjustments.

After jacking up the car (cheers Jake for lending me the jack ;)) and removing the wheel, the control arms need removing one at a time to replace the bushes.

IMG_1021.jpg

With a little bit of grease the bushes were fitted and here you can see the eccentric hole that gives you the ability to correct alignment.

IMG_1022.jpg

When bolted up in position which did take some graft and plenty of swearing they'll look like this.

IMG_1028.jpg

The lower arm was adjusted in towards the car and the upper wound outwards away from the car. The initial setup I did with the digital level on my i-phone. Now that both sides were done and checked over i'll leave it overnight to settle before test driving. A couple more days before I make any final adjustments..

Here my car tucked in the garage getting ripped apart.

IMG_1024.jpg

• 1 month later...