Vortech V9-F leaking oil! HELP Please!

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can help me out here.

Was having a look around the engine bay today and noticed a bit of oil under the 'charger, stuck my hand in under there to see if I could feel where it was coming from but couldn't really pinpoint it, seems to be at the very bottom close to the oil return pipe.

Haven't had a chance to take the charger off and have a propper look just yet but thought somone might have had a similar problem and can give me some pointers on what could be causing it.

I'm guessing seals and/or bearings but not too sure.

Anywere in the UK that can rebuild these chargers or where (if possible) can a DIY rebuild kit be got for them?

well as far as i know there is no where in the UK to get a V( rebuilt as i looked for ages and ended up doin it my self ...... but ask sparks has he mite know someone ro somewhere to get ti done if it needs rebuilding there is a link in premium members where to get charger spares .... but look into it first to make sure its not the return line or union leaking ....

i dont know the size either lol kevhaywire might though.

AGES ago i researched the uprated bearings that are suposed to be good for 20 psi (after that the turbine goes supersonic and royally fucks up the airflow) i THINK it was from the us and iv got £300 in my head but my memory is absolutely crap so i might be wrong :(

yup Sparkz can rebuild via NS racing and if you look on the pulley there are some numbers like 2.75 etc this is the diameter of the pulley. Write it down and pop on to the Supercharging FAQ section... may be a premium benefit and it'll tell you what stage and what psi you should expect..

;)

As said check the oil feed lines first before you panic and yes tension is important but as said usually the alternator goes first..

Right, so got a chance to get the charger off tonight, checked the oil feeds and returns, it spins nice and smoothly and it sounds alright, no play in bearings that i could feel.

Cleaned it up so I could check it again after going for a spin, took it for a little blast came back and it's dripped a tiny bit again but I'v found from where, it seems to be from where the two halves bolt together, so either it just needs to be tightened a little or whatever is used to seal that part is buggered, question is, is it an O ring or just a bit of silicone around the edge before being bolted together?

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same leaking problem on my V9F as soon as i first installed my V9F two years ago. Only when i tear apart the S/C , i found out how stupid the sealing was ! I replace that stupid sealing elements with a rubber high speed seal and now everything is perfect !!! If u need to know more, just let me know