Hi guys,

Bought my VR a couple of months back. Not really done much to it apart from clean it. Looked around at a few before this which turned out to be complete dogs and then saw this on e bay. The drive to Gloucester was a bit of a quick decision to make on a friday afternoon but wanted to snap it up before anyone else did. Made a call to the owner who turned out to be a very nice guy and he said he was willing to wait for me to get there before letting any others view it. Fell in love as soon as I saw it and the rest is history.

Not done much since I had it except give it a clean, general service and changed the grille over to a 4 bar jobbie. Selling the wheels as well now for something different. Tailgate is being replaced in the next few weeks as the rot has got it :(

Anyway, here's the first lot of pics for the time being

DSC00886.jpg

DSC00875.jpg

DSC00880.jpg

DSC00881.jpg

DSC00882.jpg

DSC00885.jpg

DSC00887.jpg

DSC00889.jpg

LOL!! Cheers guys. The sticker is only temporary. The whole tailgate is being replaced shortly and the manifold is going to be powder coated. The inlet cover with the writing was taken off today as were the plastic arch covers and the mud flaps. Going to have to get some t cut where the arch covers were as there seems to be a bit of a small line there.

It's amazing the difference removing them has made actually :)

My brother said about CL or GL side mouldings but I think I might go for some Highline ones and get them painted when I get the other bits done.

I bought another filter from e bay the other week as a temporary measure until I get my BMC one so i'll get that fitted up this week. Loads of little bits make a difference and i'm now getting right into it. Lol :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well i have made the decision to sell my wheels asap as I fancy some 16's to give me a better ride. I use the car as my daily and the 17's really are a bit too big for what I like, plus I want to make the car 'my own'.

Bought a fair few bits over the past week. Well I say a few:

Standard VR Airbox

Smooth side mouldings

New fog lights / indicators

LED side light bulbs

Front strut brace

New back box

Powerflex exhaust mounts

Morrette light units

Bonnet lifter struts

Full new lock kit.

Not too bad but I guess when you're bored at work on nights, internet shopping seems so appealing. Lol

Took a couple of pics at work earlier, only difference from the last lot is that the black arch cover thingys are off. I'll update this as more of the new parts are fitted :)

Cheers :)

Not sure what wheels yet. As much as I keep looking at 16's, I love the look of TT comps. I'll have to wait and see.

Also changed the HT leads as 2 of them were arcing off of the head and making the car run like shite. Won't be taking the car out until I go to work in the morning but even idle seems a million times better

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...