I've done a lot of searching on here about cams, but 99% of people are thinking about FI in the near future.

I want some cams for mine that won't effect the engine's idle much but has a noticable performance advantage.

I know the main ones 268, 264's etc etc but want to know what is best as I WONT be going FI soon. This is the problem I am having with the search tool..

Also how hard are they to fit.. It's the timin thing I'm bit worried about, when I did the chains i did the whole lot but don't know how easy to time it up with just top chain removed. I did cams on my mates focus y'day for him and cambelt and took me about 5 hours just going steady on the drive.

cheers Tony

I made the cam locking tool when I did the timing chains.. I suppose I'll just have to keep as much tension on the chains as possible when the cams are off.

Do the cams have a key way so they will only go on one way? My mates focus rely's purely on friction between nut and cams!

also forgot to ask, how much BHP roughly do they give..

I have 6 branch manifold, de-cat, air filter in front bumper and is just over 180bhp at the moment..

I want to know how much roughly it'll be with just cams, and cams with remap for everything else too.

ah ok.. just wanted to make sure that the top chain didn't come off the intermediate sprocket so that it would be ok without having to re-time them.

What should I do about the valves. Will the standard ones be ok? I should I replace the hydraulic lifters of anything.

Anything you can do without taking the head off basicly.