Alloy wheel painting

Been thinking my current alloys which are the standard 15in BBS's, as i can't afford a new set of rims for it at the moment, i was thinking about painting my standard rims.

2 questions for you:

1. What colour? Black, White?? Suggestions please. (Someone on here has got them black and it look s great, can't remeber who tho).

2. How hard is it to do myself without removing the tyres?

What kind of paint would be best so that it doesn't start coming off?

Any tips & advice you may have would be very helpful. Merci beaucoup :-p

well I would do them a rather more outrageous colour but then that's just me so I will leave the colour question to someone more sensible :)

as for doing it yourself it's not that bad - if your going to leave the tyres on then mask them off with gaffer tape and newspaper then cover the old ones in nitromors to strip all the old paint off - this is the worst bit and does take a while- plenty of scrubbing with a wire brush and be liberal with the nitromors :) When they are finished you need to wash them to get all the crud off. Then go to local paint place and get some ratlle cans - primer and the colour you have chosen and some clear lacquer - you will need about 1 can of primer and 3 cans of colour and 3 of lacquer. Then set to work - one coat of primer, several coats of colour and lots and lots of lacquer :)

Done two sets myself now and both came out well :) it does chip more easily than say powder coating but it's quite fun apart from the first part !! :)

That's the car i was talking about looks sweet as. Me & my brother are going to have a bit of a painting session on Saturday me thinks as he wants to do his wheels too.

I did previously have a set of black alloys with a green dish omy vr and it looked amazing but i had to sell them unfortunately. Pretty sure that i won't be able to acheive that look myself :-p

Fancy something different just don't know what *-)

My mate is lending me his air compressor next week so i was going to sand blast the wheels same process i assume mask off etc sand fill and pits then paint ??? from what i can see it's quicker than waiting for the nitromors to burn off the crud and less messy too,,, P.s doing ot to my BBS rims as the TT's might get shagged in this weather ,