^^ as disgruntled as they sound i ahrdly think they would come out and say "yeah we fucked up and their were a few issues"

we will never know the true story as TG portrayed the car one way, and they builders portray it another,

PErsonally i thought it was a brilliant section and i love the Stratos even more for it

if you read the link i suppied i dont understand where there coming from fair enough was short notice to supply the car and it had been stood for 2 years and was used for rallying but would you have checked the basic stuff ie brakes etc rather than hand it over and let them abouse it for the day on the track.

from what i gather/feel about the Stratos link is:

1) your handing your car over to TG, you have to be optimistic that you may get a bad review

2) the way the wiper fell off, the brake seized it was dodgey, every car has some dodgey bits, take criticism on the chin

3) throughout the entire feature they stated how gorgus it was, it was one of lancias finest cars etc etc

4) the £13k price tag of the replica which is more powerful and all brand new compared to an £24k original

5) there will be thousands of people who watched that TG and will be in pure Awe of the Stratos and probably want one!!!

from what i gather/feel about the Stratos link is:

1) your handing your car over to TG' date=' you have to be optimistic that you may get a bad review

2) the way the wiper fell off, the brake seized it was dodgey, every car has some dodgey bits, take criticism on the chin

3) throughout the entire feature they stated how gorgus it was, it was one of lancias finest cars etc etc

4) the £13k price tag of the replica which is more powerful and all brand new compared to an £24k original

5) there will be thousands of people who watched that TG and will be in pure Awe of the Stratos and probably want one!!!

[/quote']

isnt 13k the base price of the kit then you need 300 hours of labour to put it together?

great episode, i love the lancia stratos, could get it handle very well on FORZA 2 tho

EVERYWHERE u look people are talking about top gear! its definitly not an accident the shows changed like it has, the amount of advertising there getting free out of this!!! bbc are clever people!

still one of the very few things on tv worth watching tho!

• 3 weeks later...

Nige, thats pretty spiffing.

Is it just me or did this Sundays top gear seem very laid back and boring?

I talk of course of the Art gallery. This must be one of the most boring I've seen. I guess because they always do daft things I've come to expect it.

Hopefully next weeks? Will be a goodun.