missing after running out of fuel?

hello all, ran very low on juice last friday, just spluttered into a garage! was fine for the 6 mile drive home but next day once it had warmed up after a few mins it started missing briefly, mainly when at lower revs, as if some dirt has been sucked through? if i give it a bit of a revs it almost clears, if i drive hard it clears but again when idling its lumpy and missing. spoke to my local garage & they say it wont be dirt in injectors - more like an air block?

anyone ever had the same & if so, is it easy to fix?

coil pack less than 8k old, as are leads etc.

obd1

muchos gracias!! Richard

just seems wierd that it happened right after running out of juice.

tell you what, i have been getting a bit of oil from the breather pipe seeping into the inlet bendy pipe, i seems to be leaking out just where that coil of wire is stuffed in, do you tink this could have blocked the ISV in some way?

will have a look tomorrow, cheers for advice,

Richard.

had this problem before although not with a vr i changed everything then used a flat blade srewdriver with the handle to my ear and touched the injectors with the blade and one wasnt clicking ....replaced that injector and fired straight up.....may be worth checking the injectors tho

• 2 weeks later...

ok, cleaned everything on the air intake side now & checked all pipes for spilits / air leaks etc.

the problem is now getting worse, the engine now seems to miss nearly all of the time but not when first cold????

could this be the lambda sensor, & where is it, cant see it under the bonnet - is it accessable from below?

• 4 weeks later...

ok, replaced the lambda sensor, no change.

replaced the crank sensor, no change.

replaced the coolant temprature sensor, plus the housing as it was cracked, no change.

the only thing left is the coil pack, but i cant understand why it would only start to mis-fire when hitting 80 degrees??????

surely the coil pack would be not working from cold if it is faulty??

anyone want a vr6?

done that, it came back with crank sensor & ecu faults, we put the ecu down to the fact the imobiliser is switched off.

replaced the crank sensor.

tried this this morning - removed the coil pack from the block & ran uptp temperature, didn't mis-fire until well over 90 degrees oil & fan had kicked in a couple of times.

looks like it could be the coil pack - bummer. another £140 down the drain.