hi guys, my obd1 vr6 estate is way down on power and uses huge amounts of fuel. i did the conversion in october last year and then ran it for about 4 months until it became a heavy smoker so engine out and renewed: rings, big ends, mains, lined 2 cylinders due to heavy scoring, valve guides, head and block reface, all chains and guides renewed, rear knock sensor,genune coolant temp sensor, gsf coil pack, genuine leads and bosch platinum plugs. so after running it in recently it now struggles to move under load from cold and hesitates at various rpm when hot and feels to bog down between gear changes. yesterday i compared all values with another obd1 and all (on idle )where exactly the same. emissions checked today and all ok. run out of ideas now so over to you guys. forgot to mention no fault codes apart from 00533 idle regulation. sorry for the long winded approach.

mines done the same reciently, really down on power especially in the higher gears (tops out at 117mph as opposed to the 144 i've had out of it before), uses loads of fuel.....

mines also had a recent coil pack and maff. best way to check the maff is to let the car get warm, unplug it and see if the car drives differently - if it makes no difference its safe to say its dead!!

vag com'd it and it came back as the cam position sensor, when this isn't working the ecu essentially works in a safe mode forcing the car to run really rich meaning you'll have a nice blend of super plus in with your oil. with mine the ecu water temp sensor was also out which wasn't helping matters

the sensor can be removed, cleaned and re-fitted as a trial - if it works then i'd reccomend getting a new one from the stealership.

you'll also want to do an oil change and engine flush ;)