yet another problem thread by dru lol

this one came out of the blue today, basically ive got a nasty creeking/knocking noise coming from my front end on acceleration and braking it does it at every gear change even if accelerating softly, it almost feels like its coming from under my feet on the drivers side, ive bounced around whilst stood still on the front and it doesnt do it, ive also put it in gear with handbrake on and let the clutch off to get it bouncing and i think i can just here it. anyone any ideas

oh and all bushes are fine mounts etc as i and some replaced 3 weeks ago

thanks

Guest The Butcher

Does the front end feel like its bouncing?

Happened to me,

done a lap of the ring, and mentioned to one of the other forum guys that it was a bit 'creaky' at the front...

needles to say i drove all the way from germany to london, 10 miles from home, the welds gave way...

get under it and have a look where the front crossmember(where the engine mounts onto) meets the chassis leg..see how your welds look

yea front bounceys like a boat just the weld all looks fine re checked all bushes/mounts no cracks or exssive movment the only theing i did notice when bouncing the car was the drivers side suspension top mount moves abit and you can feel i bit of vibration in it

• 3 weeks later...

hi not sure if you have solved your problem as this is an old post but, i had same problem with clicking/cracking sound,when pulling of and braking and mine got worse felt like something was going to brake of or snap, after money spent in trying to solve the nosie with no luck found out it was my drive shafts and CV joints had them changed and noise has gone.

• 3 weeks later...

my noise is back again !!!!!!!!!!

had all the below replaced/checked

lower arms and bushes

ARB and links

sub frame welds checked

drive shafts

steering rack and rods

all engine mounts and gearbox mount

the noise is still a mix of creeeeek and knock but seems to completely stop for a few miles when the car is jacked up or been on a ramp anyone anymore ideas also it stops when its wet

yea the front one was replaced for exactly that and the gear box mount has pi55ed fulid every where and the back one was change for piece of mind, its my mechanic thats re check them all to be honest it was the first pllace he went but all mount are solid

im just finding it strange that it stops when the car has been lifted off all 4's and when it rains its leaving us both scratching our heads we've looked at the top mount s and there is i bit of movment in them but he said not enough to cause the creeking