Any car wash / shampoo and polish recommendations pls

Just for bog standard evryday use, but are car shampoos and car polishes all much of a muchness? There's a huge price difference ... is the extra expense worth it?

Just need a standard car wash and an occasional polish recommendation ... or just buy Halfords?

Ta

i use meguirs car shampo (the purple one)

and autoglym aquawax, its so easy to use, no need to chammy after washing, smells yummy and you can use it on every part of the car, windows, black trim etc without leaving any white residue like cheep polish does.

Duragloss 901 or Dodo BTBM are generally rated best value on detailingworld. Don't get confused by the terminology of polish/waxes.

Polishes are an abrasive which take off a layer of paint to leave an unblemished/swirl-free layer of paint (e.g. Menzerna Intensive Polish) OR fillers which mask the defects by filling them in (e.g. Autoglym SRP).

Waxes are the LSP (last step protection) which ultimately give the paintwork the gloss and protect it from the elements.

Here is what I do :)

BEST CLEANING TOOL

;) ;) ;)

and I'd thought you'd turned over a new leaf Ben!! Oh well old habits die hard!

ha ha only messing about - I am now a convert to cleaning :) going to give the old girl a nice polish on Friday before the Havoc meet :)

Anna looking over your shoulder?! yeah yeah I believe you!

how do you do that thing with the google page? clever...

there are so many ways to make the above comments rude...

I have a slightly different philosophy on cleaning...

Whats on offer works... :D

If you're prepapring for a show then thats different...

Making sure its clean and protected.. Well they all kinda do it to one degree or another.. In the summer when you're cleaning weekly then all good. When you're preparing for the winter then a good coat of something quality is worth its' weight..

I'm sure we get discounts but also Halfrauds is doing offers .. so a balance is the way forwards I rekon............