Today I went back to have another look at a Mk3 VR6 3dr in Dragon Green, had a shuffle through the paperwork and another good look around and decided to stick the deposit down. I should be collecting it on Wednesday:)

It's in good nick, the worst part of it being the seats which aren't that bad considering its a 125,000 miler. Also its got a straight through decat stainless system that'll be coming off, it's not offensively loud but it covers the noise of the engine a bit too much.

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on it and have some fun. Are there any worth while tips I should know about as it's the first VR6 I've had

Pics will be added asap.

Cheers

Matt

Well I picked it up today and happy with it:)

Just a couple of things I need to sort out. The accelerator sticks when I floor it, so it probably needs a new spring or something and the central locking needs sorting out. I think the alarm fob either needs a new battery or replacing. I may possibly get the whole alarm changed, I just need to get some quotes first.

I'll get some pics up once I've given it a good once over with a wash mitt and a polish and wax.

I'm not sure if the central locking pump is on the way out, or whether I've just not got used to it. It seems to be working fine at the moment.

However the speedo has an intermittent fault, sometimes it reads the correct speed and then it'll drop off and read zero for a little while before coming back. Hopefully it'll be a simple job so I'll do a forum search before posting a new thread.

Also it'll need a new exhaust. Its got a mahoosive backbox on it, it looks well out of place, and it's a decat so that'll be going back on. It passed its emissions tests but I feel like a chav driving around with it... it's already attracted some of Plymouths finest Halfords sponsored Saxo sheds who like to drive like it's stolen, so it's got to go.