charge cooler setup

Ah I see the pic now. I remember Allard Motorsport making one like that many years ago for someone on the Corrado forum. Could it be the same one? I like it anyway, very nice bit of kit!

Good point about having the cooler after the throttle. I can't see it being that important, the air will get cooled either way, but there's no other way with that intake!

Yeah Bodge, what I was thinking is the water might end up trying to cool the intake and cylinder head, rather than the cooler core and compressed air, but that will only happen when sat in traffic. May not be such a bad thing though :-)

I would recommend using the plastic rocker cover as less heat would get transmitted into intake and yeah, use a decent phenolic spacer.

yer its got a good chance to be as it was obd1 when i got it. i bought it off a lad on edition38 so not realy sure

i did have a plastic rocker cover but after trying to trial fitting it i found that the plastic one sits a bit higher so the manifold was hitting it and not going low enough to bolt up to the lower manifold

i might try heat mat between the rocker cover and manifold as there is about 1/8" between them with the ali one fitted

if not i might see about getting both ceramic coated if there is still a issue