help with my vrt blowing smoke!!!

Hello everyone, I just recently finished my obd1 vrt. she runs great, with no mechanical issues, and the turbo pulls very well. When i rebuilt this motor i did everything from pistons and rings to valve guide seals and bearings. Everything was replaced. However, I noticed the other day that when i switch gears (let go of the throttle) the engine exhausts a blue smoke, which to me is definitely oil. This does not happen during acceleration or idling, so i believe the rings are ok. I know valve guide seals can do this, but mine are brand new. I have come to my own conclusion that when i fabricated the intake pipe to the throttle body, i deleted the pcv valve and connection, which in turn screws up the balance of pressure between the top and bottom of the motor. Although I did put an oil catch can in its place, there is no pcv valve, and still a constant issue with this smoke. Does anyone have an answer for this and a possible solution? All inquiries are appreciated. Its driving me crazy.

its abit far fetched, but my old renault 5 GT turbo used to do this when the oil catch tank was abit on the full side, the sudden change in pressure would cause the oil to sort of go back, as soon as i emptied the tank it would be fine again. its probly not this but an idea

Ok well the oil catch can doesnt even have a drip of oil in it. I did not do a compression test yet, i guess i should. Although this engine only has 200 miles on it, I was thinking that the rings might have not seated yet, which to alot of people: they think I should just drive it and let a little more time tell

that was one mistake i used mobil1 full synth to rebuild it. I know it will never break in with this oil, so i changed it twice with conventional 5w-30. Im also thinking that since the pcv is not being sucked from the valve cover, maybe too much pressure is building up causing oil to be forced through the seals. Maybe if i hook up the exhausting side of the can back to the intake it would be more balanced to regulate pressure.

actually i slid the piston down and pushed the rings closed with my fingers. the piston size to the bore was perefect and i was able to push them down with no struggles or difficulties. i guess i took advantage of the 15 degree difference of the bore to the top of the block and slid the rings in on an angle. again no struggles at all. by the way i tested compression in each cylinder and they all checked out. that is not to say however that i didnt crack aoil retaining ring.

these pistons and rings were brand new from ross racing. I also checked that i put the rings in right side up. with a decreased compression ratio. im now running 8.5:1. i know that has no bearing on this but just wanted you to know which set-up I have.

mine used to blow oil when i overfilled it not by much

the turbo drain was backing up and caused it to blow some oil through the turbo seals

as soon as i sorted the oil level out it was fine

check where the oil drain pipe meets the sump it should be as high as possible so the oil level in the sump isnt restricting the flow from the turbo