• 2 months later...

Thought Id update this as im stuck in doors with flu, +o(

Been gathering parts when theyve come up at a good price recently

Hotchkis_RS4sway.jpg

Hotchkis RS4 ARBs, very light as they are hollow (!!!) but stiffen the RS4 up 300%, comes with huge new mounts and poly-bushes with zerk fittings, rear is adjustable from 'balanced' to 'agressive', which from reviews ive read means a touch of oversteer. Did loads of research on ARBs before settling for these and these were referred to as 'the bollox' everywhere so I needed them!! haha, they will be on the softer setting though as on the harder setting it puts a hell of alot of stress on the end links.

KW stainless Varient 3s

_KW_Variant_3_.jpg

And these sticky sketchy tread rubber buggers arrived from Germany last weekUltracSessantaRijrichting.jpg

vredestein_ultrac_sessanta.jpg

Im off work for 2 weeks now so im going over to a mates garage on Tuesday to get fitting it all on his 4-poster, so hopefully by weds I should be finished and itll look something like this and with all the new suspension handle like its on rails with bags of grip

994d951a.jpg

Spotted this the other day, I know when I had my VR I always had an ear out for the dreaded chains starting to rattle and like everyone really didnt want any problems from them. Well, imagine if this lots plays up! I think id be sick!!!

s4v8.jpg

• 3 months later...

Awesome mate, once I got the coilovers dialed in, it corners like you wouldnt believe for the size and weight of the car, better than my RS1800 I had years ago. Highly recommended and alot more places are starting to sell them now aswell over here.

I was playing with a Scooby in torrential rain back along and I hit a load of standing water on a bend at an unmentionable speed and only got a slight twitch out of it and my mate behind me said they throw water out the way like a street sweeper haha

I never want to face those chains, they scare me and my wallet in equal measure haha. All the upper control arm bushes are screwed and ive got a broken windscreen at the moment from a friggin pot hole so the suspension is being stripped out again next week to get that sorted. At the moment it sounds like a fat lass sitting down in an old deckchair the amount of squeaking coming from the bushes

225/35/19 were £117 each inc p&p in Dec. Couldn't rear compare the Toyos as having 4wd would confuse things, but I bought them over the Toyos after seeing so many tests and reviews where they beat tyres twice the price. I had falken 452s on previously, which I've always found similar to the T1Rs, they used to struggle on hard cornering at the front and made more road noise, but the Vredestiens in yet to reach their limit, even on the roundabout test

Just got a graph showing gains on the mani JHM are developing.

Taken from an S4 tiptronic, with the mani and custom map only on crap US fuel

dd73711c.jpg

So on a manual, with full milltek and downpipes, decent fuel and a custom map to bring it all together could add a further 30bhp and even more torque!!

GOTTA BE DONE I THINK!!

• 3 months later...

High flow manifold and throttle body fitted, with port matched phenolic 10mm spacer and custom mapped by Doug at MRC Tuning. Gained bags of torque all over and about 30bhp through out the rev range aswell. My favourite part is it now has more torque than an R8

RR VIDEO

doesn't do it justice because blipping the throttle maxed out sound level iPhones can pic up

It's also 1 year today since I got it, so bought this haha

regplate.jpg

I've got the supercharger itch again aswell