4 motion?? 24v vr6 conversion

hi all i currently own a mk2 golf with a obd1 coilpack engine conversion but it has 140k on the clock and its getting tired naw,

so im looking to convert the vr6 to a 24v vr6 but what will i need??

can anyone make me a list?

are the mk3 mounts the same as the mk4??

anyone no where i could find an engine and what car will it be coming out of??

thanks people

I'm not sure if anyone here has done this conversion yet but essentially the block is the same with the changed head and water galleries to suit, so the 24v head is not compatible with the 12v block. I would hazzard a guess and say it would be the subframe arrangement that would be the stumbling point what with the 4wd. There is someone doing a Haldex convertion on this site if you have a hunt around.

The main 12v engine mount bracket will bolt right up on the 24v block.

If you choose to use the 5 speed 02A gearbox, this will bolt right onto the 24v block using the 02A flywheel and clutch. Choosing to use the 5 speed 02A allows the use of the standard MK3 gearbox mount setup and the front mount only needs a spacer for it to bolt right up. This method also allows the use of stock VR6 driveshafts.

If you choose to use the 6 speed 02M that comes with the 24v engine, then you need conversion mounts and driveshafts.

Something to concider is that the 24v engine runs on a newer type of engine management compared to that of the 12v. This newer type of management will not simply plug into your MK3.

The next hurdle is the downpipe as the standard 24v downpipe will not fit in the MK3 chassis. We offer a stainless steel conversion downpipe for this pupose.

One of our guys has a MK2 golf with a full 24v conversion. This has a BDE 24v engine complete with 02M 6 speed gearbox. All of the emmisions equipment necessary for a MK4 has been removed from the engine (SAI, CAT etc etc.) He is running the MK4 engine management with all the necessary software modifications.His car is making ~230bhp with an otherwise stock 24v engine.