Factory fit MFD sat nav locked!

Hi all, please help! My 'less than a genius' girlfriend was vacuuming the car out (who else! :) ) the other day and left the radio on for hours, running the battery out, thus cutting the power to the radio etc. I've tried the sometimes standard unlock codes of 0000 and 1111 but no luck and now its locked. Can I fix this and find out the real unlock code without me having to cross the VW garage with silver??!!!

Thanks

• 1 month later...

When removed,the Nav unit will have a serial number stamped into the casing on one side, take this code to VW (with some ID, V5 just in case!!) & they'll get the correct code... doesn't take long. Then (here's the important bit!) you need to leave the ignition on to 2nd position, then turn the Nav on for about an hour... after this the unit will stop reading 'safe' on the screen, you'll be able to select the numbers to add the code again & all will be fixed!

Driving the car with the Nav for an hour doesn't work... I tried! It has to be ignition on, & NAV on, also it can't be reset using VAG Com.... tried that as well!

Hope that helps!

Tim