My vr keeps failing the emissions test so got it on vagcom (autoscanner) and keeps bringing up 000525 lambda censor,

So replaced the lambda with a Bosch one and whilst i was at it changed the spark plugs, oil and filter.

stuck it back in for the MOT and it failed again. Vag com says 000525 again and if i clear it it will pop up again after a 5 min drive.

So what else can i try or do?

I take it you've tried the obvious and traced and checked the wiring as far back as you can?......the wiring can be checked with a voltmeter at the first connection back from the sensor, if you google lambda sensor it will tell you which wire is what.................maybe a good place to start................ :-p

An air leak in the inlet i would have thought would play havoc with your emissions especially if it is past the MAF.............as the engine wouldnt know the amount of air going in which would in turn ruin your mixture, which may show up as a lambda fault because the mixture would be out.........make any sense?...................... :-p

yep.....what you said^^^^^^^^^

So im gonna take the TB off at the weekend and give it a clean but is it true i shouldn't use carb cleaner??

Also degreece all the little breather pipes that are on and around that area.

Just thinking......

Is there a gasket for the inlet manifold?

My inlet has been on and off that engine more times then i care to remember

il but my money on it being there but whats the best way to sort it? with instant gasket or a relacment one?

If the gasket is in perfect condition i cant see why you couldnt re-use it however if it doesnt look perfect then renew it. If you havent got a gasket then get one !!! You shouldnt use carb cleaner to clean the MAF but the throttle body should be ok with it just make sure its all dry once clean. Dont use any silicon or anything keep the seal dry cos you dont want little bits of whatever getting into the inlet. Just torque up the bolts to what they should be (with the gasket in place)........and job done.......... :-p

well fck knows what it is!

iv tested the wires to the lambda......all good

took the inlet ,tb and all the pipework off last night

gave it a good clean and put it all back togeather......STILL getting the 2 codes pop up.

not sure what to do next......got a mate with a snap-on dio kit so give that a go.

im getting the same fault as yourself 00525 - short to ground . I have fitted a new lambda sensor and im still getting it. When i bought the car it had a fse fuel regulator on it could this be a cause?? is it possable to re-earth the sensor to stop the fault??

what sort of vag com are you lot using?

its just im using a mates code reader and all the info it gives me is the code....so how do i know if its short to ground or others????

Iv asked a mate that works in a MOT center and he's bringing home the Snap-on lap top code reader thing so hope it can explain a little more.