Thought i may as well start a journal of my car and what im doing to it.

Here it is, 96 3dr VR6 in Dragon Green:

t96plf.jpg

c81tv.jpg

ogjp85.jpg

^^ you can see in this pic ive de-wipered it hehe

Its got 122k on it, not much history and need some work - i was looking for a project anyway and it was cheap so on we go..

It came with the following mods - Magnex back box and a de-cat pipe off a corrado (or so im told i havent actually seen it yet)

Apiro induction kit - sounds great but will be getting binned as it just soaks up heat and probably hampers performance..

Sh1t sound system comprising of huge amp and sub and 1995 sony cd player - already ripped out the amp and sub and i have ordered a new cd player.

CB ariel - i have no earthly idea why somebody put this on but its gonna cost me 100 quid to get it sorted, ah well..

Tinted lights - again these will be thrown in the bin in favour of some stock hellas or maybe get some cl's tinted all red by my paint guy..

I decided to strip the interior as the car smelled of dog and there was dog hair everywhere. It now looks like this:

nquw45.jpg

Note the jump leads and 1st aid kit lol

There is a bit of rust here and there so im going to repair and touch up the bad bits and then start putting it all back together, Need to get a new boot carpet + parcel shelf as the prev owner hacked it up to put 6x9's in which dont even work lol and im on the lookout for some nicer interior - leather will be great when ive got the funds.

Today the postman brought me this:

tat2sj.jpg

ebay cheapo coilies!! I had these on my passat tdi and i was amazed at how good they are for the money - here is my old passat: 1zp5oon.jpg

and here is a pic of my old mk3 16v:

1qjog3.jpg

The coilovers are being fitted tomorrow night by my mechanic while im at work so ill post a pic or 2 on sat. He asked me how low i want it and i just laughed and said "put it on its arse bro" so we will see how it looks lol

Here is the inspiration for my build: w12o1h.jpg

Perfection!

This is my list of stuff to do:

Get full service on car (in 02 service is showing up on trip) check timing chain

remove mudflaps - (y)

remove stickers - (y)

remove CB ariel - (bodyshop to do)

Treat rust areas (inside boot, sills, fuel filler neck, tailgate, arches, roof/rear 3/4) (bodyshop will do outside bits)

New boot carpet + parcel shelf

New lights all round

vento front end

coilovers - Got parts, being fitted tomo

Wheels - refurb bbs or purchase d90s or something else

new sound system (ordered stereo, will replace and upgrade speakers and fit amp + sub, new wiring as the old stuff is spliced and shot)

New interior

Full ss exhaust system

New gearknob (ordered)

New gaiter

New steering wheel

floor mats

New rear brakes

Get a spare wheel

Yep same m8 ive never liked green but DG grows on you and the black and green really works.

Just been for a spirited drive and wow its like driving a dirty great go-kart!! Handling is awesome i can take corners like they are not there, the car feels quicker as well. Im so impressed with these coilovers - 169 quid!!

Next on the list is to fit my interior, wire up all my ice and general tidy of the inside (y)

pmsl well my mechanic told my there is still 35mm in the front and even more in the back which is mental as its already lower then a snails arse!! Need some d90s then ill wind it down a touch ;)