nice 'n low daily highline

well here she is, chopped my mondeo in for her and love it - wanted one for years! its my 3rd golf, between the 3 they've done over half a million miles! previous was two 8v mk2 gti's.

high miles, 160,000 on the clock but runs lovely, jus need to do the chains + tensioners. oh and oil leak....or leaks....

bit of de-cluttering (rear wiper, badges, mudflaps and huge DAB airel all removed), smoked lights and lowered so far... drilled and de coned airbox

008.jpg

018.jpg

002.jpg

0032.jpg

0152.jpg

0043.jpg

0012.jpg

0013.jpg

yea needs a wash......

Its the 2 highline colours old argument you have just got involved in fella .............. Dont agree with him argue your point lol mulberry vs black ............. I didnt want to be part of this war so went for dragon green with cream lol ...... ;) You will have pleanty of backing from the mulberry squad they will be here soon lol

smoked lenses is a good start. ;-) Eurocar parts do smoked repeaters as well.

mines on 175K' date=' chains done at 155K ( the tensioners where shot )

[/quote']

yea there pretty rattley, u can here it 'click' when it takes up the slack if u rev it wit the bonnet open.....needs doing.

smoked lenses is a good start. ;-) Eurocar parts do smoked repeaters as well.

mines on 175K' date=' chains done at 155K ( the tensioners where shot )

[/quote']

yea there pretty rattley, u can here it 'click' when it takes up the slack if u rev it wit the bonnet open.....needs doing.

I'd get 'em done before driving it like a rocket ship on a private road again.

If you are looking for someone to do them DLea is up your way and very reasonable.

Dave speaks sense. the mulberry leather is different. personaly think it would look good in a black shell. Very Goth ;-)

i sold my purple leather to a guy with a black gti....

nice car mate, what make are the coilovers?

nice car mate' date=' what make are the coilovers?

[/quote']

hottuning ebay specials. 169 squid, free delivery, ordered them on monday night and they came thursday morning!! the rides like a 400 pound set. they were to low tho, only had an inch sump clearence :-# got jus over 2 inches in them pics and had no trouble

nice car mate' date=' what make are the coilovers?

[/quote']

hottuning ebay specials. 169 squid, free delivery, ordered them on monday night and they came thursday morning!! the rides like a 400 pound set. they were to low tho, only had an inch sump clearence :-# got jus over 2 inches in them pics and had no trouble

thought they were, same as me!

yea there about as good as a 300-400 pound set, i want somethin better rnow tho :(

Lovely colour :-) :-)

Good move on ditching the mondeo for this' date=' nice motor welcome to the club... the mulberry club ;-)

[/quote']

yea im loving the colour now, really grown on me. in a couple of years i want to reshell it into a white 2 door on gotti's. but needs a proper service..... raised engine/shorter sump..... and 2 tyres......aircon fixing....and all the niggles sorted lol!

• 1 month later...

right, my plans are changing for this.......but nothing has happened, as such.......

i have less money than i thought, and holidays and my wedding next year to pay for :) but got sum plans in motion sooooooo......

heres a few pics of it atm to keep it alive, but things will be changing :-p

oh dear....

002-2.jpg

the proper tool for such a problem....

004-1.jpg

sorted!

003.jpg

nearly sitting right...

001-1.jpg

manchester. scraping down the car park :-p

7.jpg

6-1.jpg

who lives in backseat of my VR?

005.jpg

AAHHHHH never jack it up on the sills...trust me seen it happen loads with mk3's they just cave in. Use the subframe/ar bar mount much safer. Welcome to the Mulberry club by the way ! ;)

dnt worry mate i do use subframe mount, that was my 'demo of lowness' lol, and my special block of wood! but some mofo has already jacked it up loads on the sills by the looks of it. was wondering if it was a common problem cos ive never seen it on any of my motors before, even my mk2's.

was bit unsure of being a mulberry member at 1st, but now i wouldnt have it any other colour!!

Guest Nero1701

AAHHHHH never jack it up on the sills...trust me seen it happen loads with mk3's they just cave in. Use the subframe/ar bar mount much safer. Welcome to the Mulberry club by the way ! ;)

dnt worry mate i do use subframe mount' date=' that was my 'demo of lowness' lol, and my special block of wood! but some mofo has already jacked it up loads on the sills by the looks of it. was wondering if it was a common problem cos ive never seen it on any of my motors before, even my mk2's.

was bit unsure of being a mulberry member at 1st, but now i wouldnt have it any other colour!!

[/quote']

is that cos there 'rare'

or is it cos its unique,

or is it cos it looks pink if ya catch it just right?