Got a R reg vr6, done 130,000. Abs light used to come on intermittantly (mostly when raining!). now light is permenantly on. Had new sensors about 2 years ago.

Recently had to change shocks on the rear fro the second time as the new ones leaked all their fluid out. also changes wheel bearing on o/s/r and new discs and pads on front.

The light came on permentantly after having newwst shocks put on. Mot out (o god I forgot), will they fail it coz of the light and any idea on the abs light. Love the car and it goes like stink but this year been having to replce lots!!

yes it will fail an MOT with the light permanently on - you really need to get it on VAG-COM to see where the fault is - have a look through some of these threads http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?285712.post http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?257879.post

for other peoples solutions but the best bet is to get it checkon Vagcom and the fault should show up :)

Have you changed the abs ring/s at all i changed mine then after 2 days the abs light stayed on. turned out one of the rings was not secure on the hub and was caught on the abs sensor. the hub was spinning inside the ring. Maybe it came loose after the wheel bearing was done then the shock replacment made it come off

Ben is right it will fail but removing the bulb from the light is not an option it must illuminate and then go out

I am in south wales about 1 and half hour to 2 hours (depending on speed LOL from you. I am in mid glamorgan. This thing is driving me nuts as can't mot it till this is sorted and that means I will have to drive my husbands Mitsi delica 2.8TD automatic - not fun at all.

husband just cleaned sensors at rear and still no joy. will the light come on anyway or will the ecu have to be reset?

If the fault has been fixed the light should go off, soon as you go for drive over 20mph.

If it hasn't your best bet would be to get it on vagcom to see if its the sensor at fault or something else.