I have a Bora 4motion, and having seen what VR6Rich has done with his I feel all boring....

I've found myself a nice low milage R32 block from a mk5 golf, and I'm wondering how many issues I would have doing a transplant?

Logic tells me that if people can get the audi version of the same into a Mk2, I should have minimal issues getting this into mine (which uses basically the same engine already right?)

I'm guessing the ECU/immobiliser could be an issue?

Will the Haldex unit continue to function correctly?

Any major issues I should be aware of before buying the block?

Thanks guys!

To put the MK5 engine in you will need to swap over the alternater/AC/PAS brackets, and also the alternator and AC and PAS pumps, also the aux belt tensioner.

The easiest way to make this work is also fit MK4 R32 injectors and fuel rail. This will get you round the returnless fuel system that the MK5 runs.

If your car is the coil on plug type engine, then the MK4 R32 ECU will plug straight into your existing car loom.

In short then MK5 R32 engine will need other extra parts to make it work in the MK4 platform.

All of that sounds pretty achievable, except that I don't like the sound of the last part.

Mine is not a coil on plug engine, and by the age must be Immo 2 rather than Immo 3, so I'd hazard a guess that the ECU won't play with the instrument cluster etc for the immobiliser.

On the other hand, I understand it isn't all that complex to just completely defeat the immobiliser..?

Alternately, if that is the only thing stopping the wiring loom fitting I could source and fit immo 3 dials... maybe even R32 ones...

Defeating the immobilizer isnt a problem. It is possible to make the entiire immobilizer system work on your car with immo2/3parts.

Pretty much as it stands with your car and a complete MK5 R32 engine, the only extra parts your going to need to find/buy is the MK4 R32 injectors/fuelrail and a MK4 R32 airbox/MAF/air inlet tube. Everything else will be a mix-match of MK5 R32/4mo parts.