Advice on relocating washer jets?

I've been repairing my Highline gradually since someone ragged it in a car park. I've just replaced the bumper (which is great) and now I want to replace the bonnet, which is creased. While I'm at it, I quite fancy relocating the washer jets (possibly to the plastic scuttle?) and having a smooth bonnet. Anybody done this at all and what's involved? Is it a big job?

• 1 month later...

i wouldnt do this mod unless your going to buy a new set of washers likr the daft neon ones u get. cos i had this done to my car when i baught it, and they dont point at the screen when flat against the scuttle pannel, and when adjusted they just spray mist cos they hit the lip on the jets, ive fiddled for hours with no luck. im jus goin to have to buy some 10bhp chrome with blue neon ones.

on my mates, we fitted a carbon fibre bonnet a couple of weeks back with no jets. He has fitted the washers onto the wiper arms, sounds like a bodge but to be honest it's a pretty impressive job and works well.

another plan (which I might do yet) is to fit mk4 golf jets which sit under the back edge of the bonnet, and they also flood the screen with wash fluid instead of 2 poxy jets.

good luck

I can make life easy for you by supplying you a new Vento bonnet with the washer jets removed. It was done by Paynes Bodyshop and has been primed and painted red. As for the jets I drilled and fitted one jet into the plastic scuttle panel, it's an easy job. It's probably better to fit a mk4 mist jet rather than the standard mk3 item, it will work better and I plan to change mine shortly. If you want the bonnet let me know but unfortunately I sold the lights to complete the conversion.

not without a lot of modification.

my mate Josh did it to his mk5 polo using mk6 wiper arms, apparently it was pretty hard work and involved welding the mk6 arms onto the mk5 mechanism. It'd probably be the same for the mk4 to mk3 conversion altho I am not 100% sure