Hey guys!!

I have got my self some Jamex coilovers from the mighty bay and have fitted them to the car and she is looking all the better for it!

After a short drive i began to think i had a wheel bearing on its way out when i stopped i went to the back of the car and gave it a bounce. this made the car make a grinding noise which came from the drivers side only.

I opened the boot and put my finger on the top of the strutt and bounced the car again and this time i could feel a grinding sensation.

I gave the car a jack up tonight and from what i can tell the problem lies with the plastic spring divider, there is a thinner spring at the bottom with a thick one at the top with this plastic bit seperating the two. this is the problem as it rubbs on the threads of the strutt as the suspension travels up and down! AAH

What can i do to resolve this?

Can i invert the springs so the thinner one is at the top and the divider away from the threaded part of the strutt or do i need to get the supplier to exchange this one coilover??

Help would be good as the noise is dooin me nut in!! 8o|

These are the coilovers i purchased

DSC02451-1.jpg

coilover.jpg

DSC02448.jpg

DSC02449.jpg

DSC02450.jpg

the area circled showes the dust that is coming from the plastic spring divider as it rubs on the thread of the strutt!

I have spoken to the vendors and they say it may be a spring seating issue but i know the whole set are fitted correctly to the car!

Is this item faulty or should i turn the springs over? the seller said spray the strutt with silicone spray to stop it making a noise 8-) i dont think that will help!