Hey all i got a question for you *-)

Seeing as most of us have our car lowered including me how do you manage to change your wheel if the unlucky thing happens (puncture)? If the car is too low the damn jack will not fit underneath plus who wants to carry a big lump of wood so you can drive over it to make the clearance?

I know this is a bit of a weird question but i was doing a 2hr trip and it just got me thinking what if?

I've always had to put a widowmaker under the sill first and jack it up a bit before rolling the trolley jack under... other than that just keep a can of tyre weld with you. most new cars are being fitted with this stuff instead of a spare wheel. :D

Yep, can't count the times that things snapped back from under the sills and the cars come crashing down...onto its tryes I might add. I use a trolly jack and my own body to lift the car up while using my foot to push the jack under.... Or the widowmaker to raise it a few CM.

But im talking about when your out on the road? Do you carry a proper jack in the boot or just the stupid widowmaker?

Does the widowmaker fit underneath the car as i have never tried? Why the hell is that called a widowmaker anyway or is the answer in the question? lol

LOL its called a widow maker for its reputation for falling out from under the car, ie your underneath workin on the car, jack slips, car comes down... its made a widow of your mrs... etc LOL i usually carry the widowmaker everywhere (fits inside the spare wheel anyway) and more often than not i keep a jack, spanners/sockets etc in the boot all the time... just for peace of mind....

LOL its called a widow maker for its reputation for falling out from under the car' date=' ie your underneath workin on the car, jack slips, car comes down..

[/quote']

no matter the type of jack used you should always use axle stands before venturing under a car.

LOL its called a widow maker for its reputation for falling out from under the car' date=' ie your underneath workin on the car, jack slips, car comes down..

[/quote']

no matter the type of jack used you should always use axle stands before venturing under a car.

of course :D