Right started to service my car today got as far as changing my spark plugs and putting on my new dubpower ht leads. Anyway tommorow with the weather permitting i am going to do the rest which is change oil, oil filter and fuel filter but i got a acouple of questions?

1. Should i drain the oil first then change the oil filter whilst theres no oil in the engine? Then replace the oil filter then fill up the engine with oil again?

2. Where is the oil filter located?

3.Where is the fuel filter located and do i need any special tools to do any of the above?

I also have one more question when i start my car up the revs go up as normal then it comes down and cuts out the engine and i have to restart? This doesnt always happen but what is causing this?

I hope that makes sense as i am finding it kinda hard to explain?

when you say it cuts out.. will it rev for ages until it idles' date=' or will it start and rev for about a second or so then cut out regardless of where you're foot is??

[/quote']

Thanks all for your help will check out them guides Ben.

Craggsy where abouts at the front is the oil filter?

It starts then dies instantly instead of starting then idling. The rev needle goes up where it would when you normally start then goes right down and cuts out.

Mission accomplished i cannot actually beleive how easy it was to do that service. I done the spark plugs, ht leads (dubpower 7mm ones) Oil and oil filter change. I have not attempted the fuel filter am a bit wary of doing this on my own.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Has anyone an idea whats causing my vr to cut out as mentioned in my first post?

Its not that i think it needs replacing its just that i have no idea when it was last changed. When i bought the car the owner said it was due a service so im guessing it needs replacing as its probably over 3 years since it was changed.

Maybe im wrong i just thought that since it hasnt been changed for a while i should change it?

What do you guys think is there a certain period to when it should be changed?

sorry i didn't get back yesterday. My car used to do that when I used a key without a transponder in.

If i started the car with foot flat to floor it'd rev to say 4k then cut out. Or as you say will start and go to idle, then cut out almost instantly.

I believe it's something to do with the pick-up for the transponder in the ignition barrel. Not sure what to do though to sort it.

I always put my ignition on, then give my key a waggle around.. don't seem to get the problem if I do that.

Worth a try.

Funny you should say that as ive had problems with my immobiliser on the past, it was stopping my car from starting then sparkz came and disconnected it then it started no probs. So you think this is whats causing it then even tho its been disconnected?