my vr finaly starting to take shape

building been goin a bit slow lately to be honist as iv been realy busy with work, i have managed to sell my v9 thou and bought jays rotrex

other than that the box is in but thats about it still abit worried about doing this floor as iv noticed the rear chassis legs are a different shape shouldnt be a big deal but still will need some trimming work to them for the floor to fit

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ok after trying to mount the idlers on my rotrax i realised the kit i bought was less complete than i was led to belive

so iv decided to have a shot at making the mising bits

DSCF0021.jpg

i had to make both spacers to push the idelers clear of the bracket so they can spin freely and also had to make a lh bolt as i didnt like the idea of running an ugly nut and bolt throuh the tensioner if i didnt need to

DSCF0022.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

ok well my box is in and it feels like im getting somewere the garage is getting a bit crampt thou

DSCF0029-2.jpg

DSCF0028-2.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

also have my exhaust mani on still needs modified as its sitting inline of the tranfer box

DSCF0019.jpg

DSCF0032-3.jpg

after a big fight with the rear diff i think iv finaly won with lots of help from my dad like always

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0021-1.jpg

iv also got the rear calipers all cleaned up and a lick of paint on them they probly wont be staying on for long but will keep me going until i find a set id like

DSCF0030-3.jpg

DSCF0031-4.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ill get the link for you tonight bud n thanks the gtis gone now thou as i got all i was after from it so just sold it on and bought a tdi

the camber bolts are off the back of a a4 quattro ill get some more info when i get in on them if u want and as 4 the car just little bits and bobs just been gettin stuff sorted ready for being off over christmas

cheers john

www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/ is the web site for the lads i got the dye off they are a spot on group of pople couldnt b more helpful

as for the bolts they are eithere a4 quattro or a6 im not 100% sure the tracking is one thing i will be doing over christmass so will let you know soon how it goes

cheers john