My New and 1st Vr NEED some advice.

Ok so i bought my first vr6 highline 136k. Yay!

But she needs some help and so do aye, Let me tell you what its got and needs first of all.

All the highline spec leather, dual airbags. heated seat's ect. It has Audi TT wheels i think and its got aftermarket springs on. a shitty looking cone for air filter that is breathing in hot air.

and a big sub and gay stuff like that in the boot :P

I hate the springs it makes the car feel like its gonna fall apart any second! And i think id rather have sock wheels altho they do look nice but feel shit.

Win windows are tinted but not sure what im gonna do with them. It has a stock zorst and im happy with that.

It has alot of rust down 1 side as you can see by the pictures and 1 side looks very nice, I think is lived on a sea line at some point not really sure! I have a bonnet but i also need a bumper - front driver wing. back left arch. Then its getting sprayed.

The engine seems really nice its just had a new clutch and a load of welding done. Altho this morning when i pulled the car of the drive after it not moving all night to look for ant leaks ect no oil or water but like a Sticky toffee sorta thing on the floor under the egine bay!!! Its a 1st for me!!!!

I looked under the engine and couldn't see anything it looks fairly clean to be fair.

Now im gonna service the car myself: Filters, plugs, oil ect. Anything i should be looking for??

And will the car feel alot better with stock springs and wheels on and how much will that cost me ?

Thats is for now here are some pictures and thanks for reading.

Comments Please.

http://img201.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=21151645.jpg

Thanks Neil.

looking good, shame abou tthe colour though, never mind at least it's a vr. I am sure forum members will be happy to swap their standard wheel for those, also suspension wise it will ride alot better but it will be high in the sky like a 4x4 lol, maybe go 25mm lowring kit not that harsh but still comfy?? Good luck mate :)

Yep those windows are too tinted for me. Can be a bugger to remove. I got the film off mine but got left with windows covered in adhesive which refuses to budge.

the third and fourth picture of this thread might be the source of your 'treackle'

http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?162937

the one pictured is below the header tank.

OEM stock springs are very wallowy but you should be able to find a middle option

Hey. I really like the color :( Yeah that sounds good im not sure how much work it takes to get the springs off!

Only messing mate, highline colour war lol! It is not alot of hard work with the right tools. There is a diy thread on the premium members section, I used that once and was quite handy. Is it currently on coilvers or standard lowering dampers and springs? Again I am sure someone will swap their std suspension for these, I know I would.

Not sure what they are im really new to the aftermarket thing! My 1st car is a mk3 tdci focus It has full tinted windows got it like that but i done mind on the focus but it just dont look very nice on the VR. anyways Yeah a middle option wud be good for the Springs if i go over a slight bump in the road "Not a speed bumb" the wheels wack the arches not good, These wheels dont help! Im gonna look at some standard looking cars see how it goes, What u think on that air cone>? Do the panel filters still make the noise and will i have to get the original air feed and box ? i

yeh iv got fk coilovers with 16" alloys. but when i put the standard wheels back on..the ride was really soft..so it's a combination of both the wheels and springs.

BMC air filter is a favourite for majority of the owners on here..and it's the one i have got. Definitely the best air filter iv had. I think theres one on ED38 at the moment going for around £80.

Do the panel filters still make the noise and will i have to get the original air feed and box ? i

they can do with a bit of modification. you will need the oem air box but should be able to find one as other people go ram air or other induction kit. In fact I have two! One standard and one modified like a swiss cheese.

Yeah i think they look nice i might try them with my springs and see how much better they are, How much would i expect to sell the wheels i have on my car atm for All the tyres are really good. But the wheels have been scratched up,

Hi Neil and welcome, your rims are probably worth £100-£150 depending how good the tyres are.

I really think you should get your suspension checked first to see it any dampers or springs are broken. If they are all good then check the arches and see it there is signs of rubbing.

The VR is best run on 16" alloys for the best drive.

People have put 18's but the ride is two hard and its all for looks with some.

If I was u my first point of call would be bodywork. Get the car touched up and mopped. Trust me, the mulberry highline is one of the best looking cars around ONLY when the paint is mint. The black highlines are lucky and can get away with it I feel.

If you was to sell these wheels now you might regret it, the standard wheels are ok but as you can see unless your looking for a show quality standard VR everyone changes them. The RS4 rims you have look 17" and shouldn't be that harsh of a ride.

Some suspension has adjustable dampers and yours might be on the wrong setting or broken.

I agree with the tints, I can get free tints from a friend and ALL my cars have them, but when I have a mulberry highline It just didnt look right. With black Highline I think they are a must lol

You'll find this site is full of knowledge so any questions there are loads of us who will be happy to help :-)

Hey mate. Yeah i think the tints might have to go like thegoth says tho i might turn to be a bit of a challenge!!

But yeah when i bought the car the guy did say the springs could be changed ill look into it. yeah body is 1st i have a bonnet already now just need a front right wing and back arch section. Not sure what to do with the boot it doesn't look like the best design to open it ill see what the body shop can do with it.

Koni and H&R do good springs for the VR, Strong but not loud - if yours are shagged them you might wanna get some (usually around £80-£120 for the set)

Alot of people have the boot working off a solanoid switch from inside the car. Weld a plate across the VW badge area and the plate recess and paint over it.

yeah i think i hit 1 bump after work today and just said to myself "That FUCKING bump has just made my mind up! Ive been so busy this week i ant evan had a chance to wash the car ill find out what the springs are over the weekend when i get a chance to look at the car. On my way home today my lights on the dials didnt come on so i hit the top of the dash they came on "Very dull like normal" but my ABS light on the right beside the window came on 2 !

Not happy!