mk3 cabby vr project and my mk1...

had my mk1 for a few years now, tinkered with everything on it and is now pretty much complete bar the interior! its had a full respray with a few sneaky body mods, 13x9 powertech wheels with 195/45's on, every sort of uprated/renewed suspension component and over a year ago i dropped in a polo 6n 16v lump on gsxr carbs with full stainless exhaust, last year was mainly spent tweeking it and i joined some of you lot at santa pod the other week getting a 14.7 1/4 mile :)

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

100_0450.jpg

DSC_2541.jpg

DSC_2537.jpg

DSC_2544.jpg

all went well until on the way to vw action 12,000 rpm did this....

DSC00345.jpg

haha, now fitted with a rev limiter, and 10,000 rpm rev counter which it regularly fills :)

cabby progress to follow

Cheers

Chris

then droped on a mint black 1.8 8v cabrio not to far from here, it had a snapped cambelt so i collected it on the recovery truck from work and stuck a new belt on it... sorted, well kind of until i left it running with the fan unplugged (due to some previous pikey wiring!) and cooked the head gasket, i liked driving the car and after hearing a few at pod the vr had to be done!

after some head scratching i worked out it was best to buy a full car so i bought a complete (with spares!) vento vr6 with black leathers, smoothed bodywork, full system and 6 branch in stainless and new coilovers :)

drove it to work on friday and at 6 me and liam set about stripping in of every last nut and bolt

saturday we droped the engine out the vento and finished off the shell with some artistic mods with a sledge hammer and contractors paint :P the airbags were carefully desposed of with a rocket ship style launch!

DSCN0146.jpg

DSCN0147.jpg

DSCN0148.jpg

DSCN0149.jpg

then the serious graft began, removing the axles and engine from the cabrio, changing the pedal box over, wiring, clutch hydrolics and fitting the all important vr6 running gear :) after 25 hours of work it was back on its wheels with everything ready to go bar the immobiser wiring... luckily jimson had a fresh clear head, some wiring diagrams and a car to compare, after a couple of hours it fired up first flick of the key :)

DSCN0150.jpg

DSCN0156.jpg

DSCN0157.jpg

DSCN0158.jpg

DSCN0160.jpg

DSCN0161.jpg

DSCN0162.jpg

DSCN0163.jpg

• 4 years later...