hey all. I have a passenger seat problem. It doesnt click into the positions (well only right at the front or right at the back) and also, there doesnt seem to be stoppers or something at the back!! Someone tried to put it back last night and it came right off the runners. Been looking at etka but cant seem to find the runners or anything in the pictures,,,

ok, you're missing the little clip (it goes right at the front of the centre runners), they only cost pennies from vw...however, theres two different clips. you need to see if the foremost hole in the front centre runner is square or round. i suspect it'll be square for sports seats, and only recaro's have a round hole.

in fact, i'd like someone with recaros to take a pic of their clip for me, as i haven' got clips at the mo (my old seats were the square hole)

Actually, now im looking at it in the light. I can get it to lock in any of the holes, but you need to wiggle the front of the seat up and down a bit so the pin goes through the hole. It doesnt slide particularly well either. Is there supposed to be a runner or something in the channel...(?) Anyone know a connected part number so i can look on ekta?

Acf8181, is the clip your talking about "1H0 881 449"? i do seem to be missing it but thats certainly not the end of the problem. The driver seat glides up and down the rail and clicks into each hole, whereas the passenger seat scrapes up and down and only clicks in if i pull the front of the seat up...

no, the clip i'm talking about is 1H0 881 287 (thats providing the foremost hole on the runner is squarish, and not round - think round is recaro's only anyway)

it also sounds like you're missing the rubber guide piece, i think its part no. 435 881 203A (and i think you may need two of them i'm not sure), that will mean you won't have to wobble the seat up to get the pin in. someone has obviously removed the seat at some point and not put it back together properly.