Air con removal and radiator approx cost

First off, I've just been and done a complete looking over the car...loosing coolant...engine tapping to try and find out whats what.

Been driving around with no'2 spark plug sitting in the HT well...losing lots of power there...also explains the tapping :D.

Coolant loss is down to a small pin hole squirting from top right of radiator...another problem cracked.....any ideas of how much a rad with fans cost?

I've also been wanting to remove the aircon system to give the engine a bit more power and as well I don't and have never used it...so my other Q: is there a belt out there to replace the aircon belt too? or will I have to leave the air con pump on?

I've taken the front off the car and stripped the engine (blah blah), I just needed to make sure the non A/C engines belt will fit onto the A/C after pully and pump removal as some set ups are different....common sense would dictate the A/C belt was made longer...meh.

It was only having little or no compression on cylinder 2 due to an extremely loose SP, coil is fine though, thankfully lol :D

Thanks for the info on the rad though buddy :D

Well my understanding is that the weight of the air con system is maybe over a few dozen kilos in total. There is a pulley also and no matter what, the pulley still needs the engine power to turn.

Besides, I have never had an A/C system in my previous cars and got on fine without one. I also doubt that A/C will affect the sale price if the time ever comes.

I was told by someone with more exp about the aircon. He also believes it sapps about 15 - 20bhp.

when its swiched on ...

Well you see, all this stuff you're telling me is what I gather from my common sense and exp with cars. But this chap has told me things about the VR6 and other dubs that I believe him....

In my defense too though, he has modded and created concept air cooled dubs at shows and won lots of times and awards, is the owner of 2 Corrado VR6's that he has stripped and currently working on, a clipper mk1 and a scirroco too, both have been uprated and in all honesty, he knows his ****....

I agree with you, but in a small way. Take the pump off, standard aux belt will fit, but keep the belt and the pump so you can lob it back on when you sell it. The a/c rad and pipe's are really light, so it's down to the individual on removing those.

All in all, as mentioned prior, about 3kg weight save, but would expect fuel economy to be better rather than power. Good luck though