Ok,

A couple of weeks back i had an issue where i started the car from cold and it would not run unless i had my foot on the throttle, it just would not idle the revs just fell off. Now after i took the car for a run it cleared and started to run fine. Now for two weeks there have been no issues turn the key without touching the throttle and it runs fine.

Today it did the same where you needed to give some throttle so it would idle, difference being that this time it has not gone away, even when warm the car is only idleing at around say 500rpm and when cold it just stalls if you dip the clutch and let it freewheel.

Anyone got any ideas as to what could be the problem? Do the VR6's have idle stabilzation valves?

Other than this the car is fine it is not loosing power and it feels fine just wont idle.

Cheers

Mark

Ok,

Mine is OBD2 and i have hooked it upto VAG Com and get three faults coming up which it tells me i have to register to know what they are. Faults are:

00668 Supply voltage terminal 30

07-10 Supply voltage too low

00268 Register to decode

18978 Register to decode

I get the same results with the car running or just with the ignition switch on. I tried with the MAF disconnected and it did not make any difference i thought it made it run just a little better but when i tried again it just sounds the same.

Can you adjust the idle manually i had a look and cant see anything.

faultstatusja7.th.gif

This is a screen capture of what i got from VAG Com, any thoughts??

Been looking up these fault codes and there is reference to battery issues.

This morning i noticed that the speedo trip had gone to 0 and all the computer readings were reset as if the battery had been lifted which it had not. Could this be part of the problem?? The battery voltage all looks ok.

Also there is mention of a solenoid any ideas?? What is this solenode they talk about?? Possible Causes

* Wiring/Connectors from/to Solenoid Valve 6 (N93) Open or Short to Ground

* Solenoid Valve 6 (N93) faulty

Possible Solutions

* Check/Repair Wiring/Connectors from/to Solenoid Valve 6 (N93)

* Check/Replace Solenoid Valve 6 (N93)

o See Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)

o Perform Output Test

Possible Causes

* Wiring/Connectors from/to Solenoid Valve 6 (N93) Open or Short to Ground

* Solenoid Valve 6 (N93) faulty

Possible Solutions

* Check/Repair Wiring/Connectors from/to Solenoid Valve 6 (N93)

* Check/Replace Solenoid Valve 6 (N93)

o See Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)

o Perform Output Test

Cheers for the response xyber.

Well when i saw the power issues i disconnected the negative terminal of the battery for about 5 mins hooked it all back up and its running like normal and there are now no errors on vag com very strange.

The battery is reading 12.5v which is fine and when car is running its up at 14 showing that the alternator is doing its job. I don't know whats going on might be a loose connection somewhere but its certainly not the battery very weird!.

• 7 months later...

Hello Mark,

Did you make any progress on this - or did it not happen again?

I tried to start my car this morning. Engine turned over - hit 1200 rpm - revs dropped straight away (as normal) but car stalled. Oil light flashed on/off. This happened on each startup attempt.

Oil level ok

Vagcom fault codes

Control Module Part Number: 021 906 256

Component and/or Version: MOTRONIC M3.8.1 HS V02

Software Coding: 00000

Work Shop Code: WSC 01317

2 Faults Found:

00515 - Camshaft Position (Hall) Sensor (G40)

30-10 - Open or Short to B+ - Intermittent

00268 - Solenoid Valve 6 (N93)

28-00 - Short to B+

00515 has been present for a couple of months but 00268 is new and common to your issue above

Searching the fault code on google states the N93 solenoid valve is present in automatic gearboxes. My car is manual.

Disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes has resolved for now.

Any ideas / suggestions?

Cheers

Steve