ProjectTwoPointEightEstate

here it is !!! the beginning of what will be my vr estate !!!

got the car with a duff 1.8 8v engine and decided to be a man about the situation and purchase a vr6 engine.

heres a few pictures of her as she stands at the minute. work will re-commence on saturday.

been busy partying over the last week or so :)

DSC00721.jpg

DSC00722.jpg

DSC00723.jpg

DSC00724.jpg

DSC00725.jpg

DSC00726.jpg

more to come ............

was going to do some more work on the beast today !!

got out there and managed to get one power steering pipe off before my hands went numb, so i packed up and popped off to see mtet101.

we went into town and while we were there he had the great idea of vinyl wooding my vr6 clocks inside !!!1!

one quick browse in poundland (FTW) and here we go ;

knifeset002.jpg

precision knife set £1

knifeset005.jpg

self adhesive wood vinyl £1

knifeset004.jpg

in the process

knifeset003.jpg

still processing

knifeset009.jpg

coco pops are good

knifeset006.jpg

happy cateyes

knifeset013.jpg

end product .........................winner if i do say so myself

knifeset012.jpg

winner still

whilst in town T.K.MAXX came up trumps too.......have a little look at these puppies........... £12 each :)

knifeset014.jpg

knifeset015.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

2 saturdays ago was productive !!!!

massive thank you to calpol, lee tatt, grant, and catface

only took 4 photos because i had filthy hands the rest of the day !!!

got everything that i needed to off the engine and managed to get it out along with the gear selector

got the vr6 into position too !!!! not bolted it in as i still need a bit of room to get the old loom out and the new one in !!! aswell as clean the bay a bit to get it looking respectable !!!!

next saturday is going to be loom day !!!!! going to enjoy taking the dash apart !!!! :roll:

heres the pictures i took

projecttwopointeightestate001-1.jpg

projecttwopointeightestate002-1.jpg

projecttwopointeightestate003-1.jpg

projecttwopointeightestate004-1.jpg

so last saturday didnt go completely to plan !!!! for a start i got up late which was very annoying so i didnt have as long on her today !!!!

all that got done was fitting of the master cylinder for the hydraulic clutch and managed to hacksaw the old loom out !!

a few pictures smile.gif

how she is currently sitting (covered over of course)

DSC00767.jpg

two thirds of the old loom hacked out

DSC00766.jpg

vr6 loom to go in !

DSC00765.jpg

fuse board

DSC00769.jpg

tacky wood vinyl dash bits !!!! (so crap i love it)

DSC00770.jpg

close up

DSC00771.jpg

the blasted hole where the loom must be posted through!!!!

(hiding in the corner there)

DSC00768.jpg

thats all folks

more next saturday

peace up A town down

so !! yesterday i got up fairly early to crack on with this beast !!! was all confused and didnt really know what to do first till callum turned up and we fed the loom in to the car and got the majority of it plugged into the fuse board ! have a few wires left over but i will find out what there for when i attempt to start it up ! smile.gif

callum scarpered at about 12 and i was once again left to fend for myself sad.gif

a little while later catmanfacedizzlebizzle turned up and started hitting things in his usuall " hit it and it will come off" way.

the rest of the boys ( lee tatt, tetley. cahonez) came round after they had been out for lunch together :-S (gay?)

and we managed to get the engine bolted in smile.gif yippeeeeee

going sealth racing next weekend to get the immobiliser sorted on the vr6 ECU maybe get a little more done on the engine too ...plugged in and stuff ( not got a clue as to where anything goes tho)

DSC00773.jpg

DSC00772.jpg