[poll] air filter positioning

guys i've been toying with the idea of moving the airfilter out of the engine bay, was thinking of putting in behind the lower bumper vent but the recent wet weather has changed my mind a bit on that, the other theory is to push it out the front wing by about an inch. will be using an open ended filter as apposed to one with a cap on it. and will be making a one off alloy inlet pipe to join it with the maf/throttle body. i know many of you will probably not like it but im just after a general view on the idea. i dont wanna get lynched when i finally get round to meeting a few of you at shows next year lol.

but a carbonio one is money i cant afford, im afrain this car is on a very strict budget of as cheap as possible. was going to pop it where the carbon can is but dont wanna suck up water with the recent bad weather were having. hence i remembered the good old dayus of poking it out the side of thje wing on an r5 and thought oit might work on a mk3 as well as there is quite a big gap on thje inner wing. plus i wanna have that vr6 roar outside the car to scare children old people lol