schrick 264 cam

I could pick a couple of these up for £270

Not to sure how much work would need to be done/parts bought to get running correct.

Any info is greatly appretiated. Is it a good set to go for, i am hoping to see good gains in torque as much

as hp. I was told the spec on the Shimmel 263's with a map are very good.

thanks

Well the 263 shricks have seen up to 26hp and +20lb/ft on a normally aspirated VR6, nice smooth idle. So I would reckon 5hp extimate is a bit low.

If you look at an 8psi rotrex installation costing around £4k and gaining +100hp that is £100 per 2.5hp gained. 263 shricks +20hp approx £600 bought and mapped comes out around 3.5hp per £100. I would assume that you will get similar hp per £100 so are definately worth it relatively speaking.

Well hopefully in the next month or so I will be gettting my 263s installed. The guy at the garage says he will do before and after plots so hopefully I can show some real data regarding this. And bear in mind, my car has only a panel filter in the box and a magnex exhaust so is pretty much standard.

mine too, just a jettex zaust and some shoddy induction cone that needs changing asap.I would like to turbo it

but not long been made redundant!

I don't wanna spend alot of cash on something thats not gonna achieve much gain.....

How much are looking at for instalation and map? What did you pay for the cams?

Cams were approx £200 in a group buy from this forum a while back when the pound was strong vs the dollar. Re-map and installation will be £600 at RGS Motorsport, I think Stealth will do it for less but after I accounted for the petrol milage there and back I decided RGS would be better for me.

The things I am interested in now are 6 branch exhaust manifolds. They are claiming 10% power increases which would be a nice 15+ hp for around the £200 mark. Probably not much use to you though if you fancy the turbo option. I have talked myself around to supercharger now, finance permitting.