Hi guys, i recently had a rough idle problem with my OBD2 Vr6 i then realised that the MAF was on the wrong way around, so i changed that to the right way round....fitted my RAMAIR induction kit and started it up for the first time in about 3-4 weeks, then i let it warm up, although with rough idle as per normal :(

Then when i revved it to hear the new noise of the Induction Kit it popped really loudly, then did it again and then was backfiring and popping very very loudly!

The car has had a Brand new Coilpack and is running magnecore blue leads, i recently cleaned the throttle body and changed the radiator.

The car also has full stainless Jetex system and Decat.

Im really worried guys...need help.

not offended mate, yes the leads are in the correct positions, its ran fine since changing the coilpack, then just suddenly started with this.

Cant get it to talk to vag com....the car was originally a GTI but now has a OBD2 VR6 engine in and last time we tried to get communication it just flattened the battery!!!?

with a de-cat and a full system and a nice fat induction filter id be offended if the car didnt pop on lift off. if its banging tho thats unburnt fuel. get the lamba checked as it may be running rich, pull out a couple of plugs and see what colour they are. or try disconnecting the lamba and see how it goes,